blog help needed...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
For those few of you reading the continuing story of Mike Burke motorbike rider on my blog, I need help... and I need it today. I don't write ahead so this has to be answered immediately.

What kind of job could an almost 60 year old stranger reasonably be expected to find in a small southern coastal town. A job with a week or so duration and which he could start almost immediately. Small background check would be okay something that could be done by phone or electronically like mvr or criminal records check maximum background. Time wise you know.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Just got a great idea from reading that thanks. Just goes to show that what seems like a major problem can turn into a simple solution with a different look at it. Thanks Joe

I just noticed I have over a thousand posts.. Wow that sure did happen in a hurry

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm not sure I understand... I do tend to ramble but then this is the tavern and it is permitted here I think. Of course I ramble everywhere, most people just don't open anything that I write. It makes all our lives easier.

knucklepanshovel

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
bag boy at the grocery store

not around my part of the country....... I work in a grocery store as a butcher, & all new employees hired have to be drug tested & go through several days of training on computer to even bag groceries, it has been like that for 4 or so years. however a couple years ago I picked up some side work stopped by a new independent grocery store that was having their grand opening & I was pretty wasted drunk & they hired me on the spot & had me cutting meat. they were desperate & I worked there for 3 months which really helped with my bills & they paid me more than I made at my regular butcher job but their B.S. wasnt worth the effort to stay there

now find a carnival or fair or a china tool display coming up that is a couple day job setting up.

find a construction site & see if hiring.

check in independent garages or body shops if your qualified for that. I have found some extra work when I needed a little extra.

& yes I noticed the date of the original post has anyone else???????????????? 3/24/08.

Later,
Randy

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Get on ebay and buy 3or4 gumball machines,840 pieces of gum cost aprox.17.00 ,you make 255.00 per box. When i was 60 i did it,no work to it at all.Think about this for every 100 machines you have they will average 5.00 per day x100=500.00 per dayx30 days 15,000 per month.Idid it and so can you.5 machines is a good start,HD

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Actually someone answer it saying that it had nothing to do with anything, so I just answered that. originally I was writing a motor bike on the road story on my blog. I needed a few jobs for the hero to do while on the road. All the ideas you mention are good ones.

If you remember the old fugitive tv show it is kind of like that. The story ended long ago.

knucklepanshovel

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Get on ebay and buy 3or4 gumball machines,840 pieces of gum cost aprox.17.00 ,you make 255.00 per box. When i was 60 i did it,no work to it at all.Think about this for every 100 machines you have they will average 5.00 per day x100=500.00 per dayx30 days 15,000 per month.Idid it and so can you.5 machines is a good start,HD

I tried that & failed miesrably, I bought 15 machines from an estate sale that were brand new about 75 miles away thinking I could make some reasonably easy money. I tried well over 100 places stores, small to large as well as garages & body shops, offices as well as others & no one would let me place one, not even my job where I work in a grocery store. I am a butcher in a major store. I sold 4 machines & think there is still 11 machines in my attic.

I met another guy in another city 45 miles away I dated his sister before I met lady I married that had a similar but worse experience he bought all the machines new & paid retail & financed it & only placed about 5 & he was in debt thousands where I only paid $50 a machine, where new they were somewhere around $250 to $300 each & he bought like 24 machines plus all the candy from same place he bought machines.

so to anyone thinking about it, if you find for a good price check to see if there is a market or that you will be able to place them before you purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,
Randy

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
The lions club has them here also,they are penny machines,gum cost them 1cent each.I give the bulk of the money away,to a school my wife teaches at.The stores are glad to let us do it because it helps local kids.Each machine has a sign telling where the money goes.HD We buy new bikes and give them as prizes for good grades.

Last edited: