Clutch Issue Need Help

GoldenMotor.com

jason_broom

Jan 24, 2009
Austin
I just finished install a BGF 66cc motor kit. I installed this kit in my new 26" Kulana Beach Cruiser. I am having an issue with the clutch it will not disengage so I can peddle the bike to start it also the chain is real tight when I peddle.

See pics and let me know.

Attachments

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I just finished install a BGF 66cc motor kit. I installed this kit in my new 26" Kulana Beach Cruiser. I am having an issue with the clutch it will not disengage so I can peddle the bike to start it also the chain is real tight when I peddle.

See pics and let me know.
Jason,

If you look at the cover near the chain end you'll notice a gouge. The chain is hitting the cover. File a chamfer into the cover and it will be a lot easier to pedal.

The cable probably needs to be adjusted...that's why the clutch is not disengaging.

Jim

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
If you remove the spring that is between the cable adjuster under the carb and the clutch arm you will see how much slack you have until the clutch arm starts to engage. So remove the spring and readjust the little brass piece on the clutch cable until all the slack is out of the cable. The spring is pretty much useless with the stock set up, but don't throw it away, when you get CE's clutch upgrade you will want it then. Now you should be good to go.

jason_broom

Jan 24, 2009
Austin
Ghost that fixed it. I adjusted the clutch cable pulled the slack and now I am able to use the bike Pedal and start the bike engine.

Nos4ra2

Aug 9, 2009
Manton MI
If you remove the spring that is between the cable adjuster under the carb and the clutch arm you will see how much slack you have until the clutch arm starts to engage. So remove the spring and readjust the little brass piece on the clutch cable until all the slack is out of the cable. The spring is pretty much useless with the stock set up, but don't throw it away, when you get CE's clutch upgrade you will want it then. Now you should be good to go.
Thank you! I'm doing my first Motorized Bike with this motor and I was having the same issue.
I'll look into upgrade after a while. Thank you very much once again.

Nosie

dance1