Thudbuster seat post for electric bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i purchase a thudbuster st (short travel) for my electric cruiser a while back, it did help but for the cost i was not overly impressed, my electric mountain bike was killing me with the terrible roads we have here in the Caribbean so i decided to try the LT (long travel) for it. all I can saw is wow, it was worth every penny, it will make your hard tail motorized bicycle feel like a full suspension bicycle. the difference in the ride is amazing, if your electric bicycle is beating you up i recommend a thudbuster lt and i am sure you will be as impressed as i was, watch ebay and you will find a good price. below is a picture of both, the LT thudbuster is the one with the blue center.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
they have the 27.2 you could always get a shim which work real well, i have used them in the past on my regular bikes but not a motorized bicycle

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
25.4 is the smallest seat tube, 27.2 is too big. I checked em out on ebay and it does seem like 27.2 is as small as they go. Will probably have to settle for a "pogo" style tube.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i was thinking backwards lol, careful if you get a pogo type, a lot of them have failed and that is why most of the bigger company's are not making them anymore, research a little on the model you decide on, i have tried a lot of different ones and i have never had anything like this one, i am extremely happy. i was about to purchase a specialized stumpjumper full suspension frame or trek superfly which i tried at the store while in the states, very expensive full suspension frame, anyway i think my electric bicycle has as good suspension as that one and it cost me a fraction of what the new frame would have cost, this thing really is nice.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I've had good luck with the XLC pogo seatposts bought off Ebay, they're about $12 and you can adjust the preload of the spring to make them as soft as you want. It's worthwhile to take them apart and grease the sliding parts before putting them on the bike because they could start sticking if left dry. I considered the Thudbuster seatpost along with other suspension seatposts but they cost much more than I could afford, but a softly preloaded pogo seatpost greased up works well to take the nutshots out of riding a hardtail motorized bicycle over rough Caltrans roads, potholes and all.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I think thats what I wound up buying. Has preload. Uses a spring and an elastomer. Will take your advice on the greasing before installation. Good to hear the cheapie works so well.