motor bikes and diets

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Thursday, March 20, 2008
The automobile and chubbies

I have been dieting more or less for the last year. It is also the amount of time I have been curtailing my driving. I haven't driver more than a couple of hundred miles in the last year. Except for a trip to Ga for a nephew's funeral.

I probably drove a few thousand miles a year before I began having new symptoms with the brain tumor. The tumor is pressing places it shouldn't, so I don't have good enough concentration to be pushing a 2 ton car around.

That explains why I drive less than a five miles a month in the car. The fact that I drive less than five miles a month means, I can't stop at the donut shop as I run here and there. Nor can I whip into Windy's for a burger on the spur of the moment. I still eat too much to often at the wrong times but I have lost 70 lbs since last June.

My idea of a snack these days is a peanut butter cracker made at home by me. I mix peanut butter with sugarless pancake syrup, then spread it on crackers of some kind. The slightly sweet peanut butter which is protein 'almost' take away the desire for the much higher fat jelly donuts.

So people were thinner before eating high calorie foods became easy. It isn't the high calorie food as much as the ease of getting it.

First step in a really serious diet, sell your car and build a motor bike.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I decided to "go on a diet" after I got the first bike.....since I figured a little weight loss was a big performance improvement.

That and the fact my little Yamaha scooter has a weight limit of 165 lbs.

I eat lots of fruits and vegatables now, used to weigh 220, now around 195.

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Yea I went from 250 to 200 I still feel like I've been run over by a truck but I keep on playing. I try to lay off the sugar and beer :confused: well some sugar.rotfl
I also try to limit the starches. I do try to eat more fruit for the natural sugars. I sometimes think I'm growing a tail.rotfl
Now that I weigh less if and when I fly my plane it seems to fly better.(^)
Norman

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
soda will make you grow more then you could ever imagine. to bad i like it so much. i know when i do quit drinking it my weight drops fast. i am not fat yet but could stand to loose 20 pounds

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I drink diet soda and eat mostly peanut butter crackers but if I was still on the road, instead of a 30 calorie peanut butter cracker.. it would be a 1000 calorie jelly donut.

There is another side to all this.

I began gaining weight when they told me I was going to die in a couple of months. I didn't die but I kept right on eating because my bride of twenty years informed me that she had checked, "the crematorium does not charge by the pound." Unfortunately when I didn't die I was miserable fat lol... hence the diet and walking that started it all. Then the electric bike because walking is such a bore. Then the gas bike because I wanted to use the bike as basic transportation and the electric lacked the range.

Like pablo said now i dont have time to eat lol. Always doing something with a bike.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Mine bought one from qvc.. I hid the left over in my daughter's car so she had to take it home before I ate it all.