what do y'all think? new build

GoldenMotor.com

ritchierich888

Jan 7, 2013
Naples,fl
[golden motor magic pie 3 48 volt battery Kent/jeep Cherokee bicycle full suspension front an back disc brake top out at 29.7 MPH

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
looks awesome! i painted my battery to match the bike and makes a big difference for that stealth look. the blue and white would be easy to match. i just used painters tape for making the stripes. you have great looking electric bicycle and i am sure you are going to have more fun then you ever imagined with it

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Consider a second hub motor on the front. Use it as a propulsion generator. That way you'll only be using your battery to get moving. After that the other hub motor will provide power as well as recharging your battery. The front hub would have to have a regenerative system on it. Diodes could be used to keep the battery powering the front hub.

In the future I plan to turn my bike into hybred gas electric. I've already got a gas setup to the rear wheel and will put the electric on the front wheel. With a regenerative system whenever I'm using gas only the battery will be recharging.

Last edited:

ritchierich888

Jan 7, 2013
Naples,fl
looks awesome! i painted my battery to match the bike and makes a big difference for that stealth look. the blue and white would be easy to match. i just used painters tape for making the stripes. you have great looking electric bicycle and i am sure you are going to have more fun then you ever imagined with it
your bike is so clean thanks for the idea think I will paint it

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Consider a second hub motor on the front. Use it as a propulsion generator. That way you'll only be using your battery to get moving. After that the other hub motor will provide power as well as recharging your battery. The front hub would have to have a regenerative system on it. Diodes could be used to keep the battery powering the front hub.

In the future I plan to turn my bike into hybred gas electric. I've already got a gas setup to the rear wheel and will put the electric on the front wheel. With a regenerative system whenever I'm using gas only the battery will be recharging.
Not gonna work, buddy

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
As a gas/electric hybrid system there's potential, as an electric/electric it's a case of diminishing returns, you'll not create enough energy to replenish what was used to make it.

Even hybrids are tricky, the additional drag may negate the gain if not used correctly.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
That was what I was told about my autoshift bike, it wouldn't work. However I now have the only gas powered bicycle in the world which shifts 5 gears automatically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGDGIIdn--s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've seen a motor which is being developed now and will be on cars in the future. It has two sets of coil windings. One set of coil windings propels the car. The other set of coil windings is a generator which puts power back into the battery. There will be 4 motors one on each wheel. In today hybrid cars the motor acts like a generator to charge the battery when its not being used to propel the car. These same technologies can be applied to bicycles. I've already seen in my mind how to do these builds maybe one day I'll have the money to do it.

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...I've seen a motor which is being developed now and will be on cars in the future. It has two sets of coil windings. One set of coil windings propels the car. The other set of coil windings is a generator which puts power back into the battery. There will be 4 motors one on each wheel. In today hybrid cars the motor acts like a generator to charge the battery when its not being used to propel the car. These same technologies can be applied to bicycles...

Regenerative charging is a valid means of recouping some of the energy normally lost during braking and is already in common usage w/electric vehicles of all types, including bicycles & hybrids - but charging via an electric motor by driving it with an electric motor is as of yet still in the realm of perpetual motion, the pesky law of conservation of energy & law of thermodynamics have yet to be broken.

Please don't take this the wrong way, hybrids are great fun to experiment with & I wholeheartedly encourage it & even have done so myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNLTLRx8sTI ...but there are some elements of physics that still can't be denied, I figure defo go for it - but just don't bet on gettin' somethin' fer nothin' ;)

Last edited: