how to add a clutch/jackshift to a 6.5 HP Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine

GoldenMotor.com

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
Please tell me how to add a clutch/jackshift to a 6.5 HP Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine

.xx.Thanks to a uninsured drunk driver I no longer have a car. With no way of getting another one I need away around to the store / bus stop.
I would like to put a 6.5 HP Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine on my 26inch Schwinn 6 speed bicycle, is there a jackshift and or clutch that I could buy that would do the job.
I can get the motor from H. Freight for around $115.00 tax included. Can get a throttle and a gas tank and a chain off eBay for around $65.00. Say another $25.00 for parts to mount it.
I can buy a complete 4 stroke kit off eBay for around $330.00 but if I could build 1 for less then that would be so wonderful . I really don't have the money so every dollar counts
Please anyone that can help me a would be grateful.
thank for your help Samdallas214

PS I would be willing to add a company website logo's to the front and back of my bicycle inreturn for a better deal on a 4 stroke motor kit..trlrl.rmfla

Last edited:

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
I would not use a 212 for a daily street driver. Get a 79cc. It will fit much easier. You will also need a worksman rear wheel or equivalent, that will run ya at least $80. Brakes, too. You want front disc or drum and rear coaster. Then an adapter will be at least $75 with sprocket. A 79cc will look and perform more like a 50cc than a 212, so you can convince a cop that it's legal. The 212 is just a monster, no way you can fool a cop with it.