CNS carb adjustment

GoldenMotor.com

aaronbentzel

May 2, 2012
York
Hi I recently put together my first bike and I am having just a few minor problems. First of all I have a 2011 Grubee Skyhawk Gt5 from kingsmotorbikes the link can be found here

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/product_51_detailed.htm

It claims to have a $65 CNS High Performance carburator with it. However, I was wondering how you tune it? I took it apart to look at the needle and it has no needle clip settings!! I guess I should explain my problem...

I have a major 4 stroking problem. I hit 25 and it goes right into 4 stroking like clockwork. I understand that this could mean a variety of problems such as a very rich few mixture, but the spark plug looks good (maybe a tad rich). Possible fuel petcock issues? Have not gotten around to testing that one out. Air filter clogged or just crappy? how do I test this?

Finally if anyone knows of a way to tune these "high performance carbs" I would like to know, and also are they even high performance because it does not seem like it. Why would you spend $65 bucks on it??? I just broke it in and am running 18:1. Do you think when I bump it up to 24 or 32:1 it will stop 4 stroking? I am a firm believer in making only one change at a time, so if I could eliminate some possibilties before I get started that would be great! It just frustrated the heck out of me when I saw there were no settings on that dang needle! Help is always appreciated:-|| Attached is a picture of the "high performance carb" is this the one thatis frowned upon? There are multiple CNS performance carbs people talk about, and every one is different, so look at the pic to see exactly which one I am talking about.

Oh btw I live in York, PA so I have lots of hills mixed with flats. not sure the height of this place and it is too late and I am too tired to look XD

Attachments