Heres the bike I chose..

GoldenMotor.com

Bammer

Apr 6, 2012
Redondo Beach CA
I was riding it for a few hours.. I think im in love. The next step is to lock-tight EVERYTHING lol. Throttle bolts. GONE, carb came off...twice. Gaas tank flipped over while riding, exhaust tip rattled loose 3 times.. That one cylinder banging around really gets you vibrating. My feet go numb at top speed, and I am definitely a member of the "its faster than I thought" club.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Awesome, so glad you are having fun! I agree on the Locktite, I used an entire tube on my build of Locktite blue. I did not Locktite the bolt through the spring on my springer front end and sure enough, almost lost it on one of my first rides! Other than that, everything has stayed tight. I have not even had to tighten my head nuts, they are still hanging tight.

Now, is it just the pic, or are those tires slicks??? Looks badass!

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
That depends, are you using Loctite blue or red? I only use Loctite blue 242, which is supposed to be less strong and able to be removed with hand tools. Red 271 is the more permanent strength.

fugit

Mar 5, 2012
Oregon
Im sure it will, but not 700 dollars.
muhahahah really :) Thats easy to go over lol..

But I agree building it is all the fun plus you know and learn the important stuff and get aquanted with all the intimate details.

I went over 700 on my first bike :) Manic Mechanic Sprocket adapter, sprocket, and chain, then aluminum motor mounts, upgraded manifold. Kevlar reinforced tires, seat shock absorber, topeak bike rack, lights, kreem lined tank :) Got to 700 quick.

My second bike about the same maybe a tad more ( all of the above) add with rear caliper brakes,mirror, speedometer, center kick stand :) 860 i think or close.

3rd bike Oh boy All of the above and add the Monark 2 springer forks, racing carb, front caliper brakes too, better brake pads, and SBP expansion muffler..hahahahahah 1200 oh boy...

I sold first bike and did second, got second sold going to build third...

Surf shop wants me to build one for them too for their showroom but it will be basic and around 480.00 cost.

But this is so much fun I cant help myself.

The most fun I have is the response from people. getting flagged down to talk about bike, waves, thumbs up, girls always scream " I love your bike", and neighbors checking it out. A very social hobby!