old dog, new paint...dont think I shared this...

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
so, here's my bike I built last summer, dont think I ever showed the final paint job. so, now that she's all dirty and broke in, here are some pictures...or a picture...

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Great looking build. Has such a cool vintage look. Thanks for sharing, halfevil.

The creativity on this forum staggers the mind. What some people can do with a bicycle is amazing. You're one of them. Thanks again.
Tom

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
why thank YOU sir! ...its funny, I was just looking at your CLUSTERF^@K of a garage, and thinking how nice it would be to HAVE a garage to be filled with all that stuff (especially that '32)...but yeah, idle hands....gotta keep busy, just posted beginnings of new project in paint/chop section, lemme know what you think.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
I love it!! Great seat, what brand is that? The tank is cool too. What did it come off of?
the seat I get from a guy in canada... only $50 shipped!
tank came off of an old moped, a moto-biscane, or peugot, maybe even an indian I forget...?!?
oh, and the paint is all me.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
@waspswatter, if you go to the paint booth/chop shop section, there is a thread called "finally, a new project"..... This has FAIRLY detailed info and pictures on how I built a very similar pair- actually based upon (& hopefully an improvement on) these forks. I will also be showing how o made the precision bearing rockets for these to float on...soon as I actually make em...

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
@gnu...the new ones, or these?
because this design is actually a little flawed. I based it solely on pictures I'd seen researching different older springer designs. the main problem is that the top coupling piece that goes from top of head tube to springer is dependent on the headset to keep it stationary...so its either snug and hard to steer, or easy to steer and sloppy in the whole front section...
this is where the new trussed springer was born, the necessity of not scaring the bejeebus outta me when I hit a hard bump at full throttle..

on another note,,, THANX GUYS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS!

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Yeah, I don't know how so many monarch repos use the same style linkage w/no complaints, but by foregoing the linkage and making the spring retaining shelf (for lack of a better term) part of the fork itself... I think I could roll over claymore mines like speed bumps!