Predator Governor

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I can say that they seem to be very reliable and tough. I can't seem to hurt mine. The Chinagirls compared to these is like a Kia compared to a Lexus LOL

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
$100 lexus
Double thumbs up Max!!!!!....wish I had bought my 100 dollar lexus sooner....

Back to the task at hand whilst removing the gov. completely I had the cam shaft and lifters fall out........I know I can line the timing marks back up right but should I be worried about the lifters falling out.......as you can tell this is the first time Ive been this deep in an engine........build thread shortly to follow

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
With these engines you should be fine.
With that said, let me ramble on a little here.
I don't like to switch locations of any used parts during an internal servicing because they have married with their surrounding parts and switching them around causes them to marry again to their new (to them) surrounding parts. Even if the same part goes back into the same spot, if there is a chance of reversing the orientation of rotation (such as with a thrust surface) this too will cause the parts to re-marry. This accelerates wear and shortens the lifespan.
Things are a bit different in this particular situation though.
Plain flat tappet lifters, as used in these engines are designed to rotate around in their bores slightly with every up stroke to maximize the lifespan of the wear surfaces. Due to this fact the surrounding surfaces are constantly changing and designed to do so in a way that promotes a longer life. Taking all of this into account your engine will never notice the change if you do get the lifters swapped when re-installing them.