Mounted My Reserve Tanks

GoldenMotor.com

scud

Dec 3, 2011
Fountain Valley
Yeah, they're aluminum water bottles, but they hold the gas well. I have them in black water bottle holders. One holder is mounted to the rear chain guard mount...and the other is mounted through one of the license plate holes. Combined they allow for an additional 48oz of gas on board!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
For an extra 64 oz., swap your HT tank to a 4-liter one.

I USED to carry extra fuel bottles. After installing a 4-liter one, I just carry 1 oz. of Opti-2 oil in the bottle.

scud

Dec 3, 2011
Fountain Valley
yeah, I have plans for the 4L in the future. I actually like the look of the dual side canisters...also, even after the 4L upgrade, I'll keep the canisters because they come in handy when riding with a buddy that runs out of gas on a long haul .we.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
yeah, I have plans for the 4L in the future. I actually like the look of the dual side canisters...also, even after the 4L upgrade, I'll keep the canisters because they come in handy when riding with a buddy that runs out of gas on a long haul .we.
You could also put a brass t-fitting between the petcock and filter. When your buddy needs fuel, just fill at the tap.

A couple years ago, I bought 2 12oz. aluminum fuel bottles that look like yours. The only difference is the seal. I always keep one bottle in the cage.

Good! Your fuel bottles allow you to ride an extra 48 miles or so.

Last edited: