GoldenMotor.com

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
Dear morini gurus,
Just ordered a morini clone:

Martin & Slater :: KTM50 Pro Jr. Pro Sr. Frame Parts

...The 11hp version
I was wondering if someone could advise me on the exhaust. Here's the caveat though. I can't use an expansion chamber because I must retain a vintage long-pipe look to be able to use this bike at ww2 reenactments.
...I was considering using the h/t long pipe and muffler

http://www.custommotoredbicycles.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/IMG_2942.61104307_std.jpg

Would this work. Or would it suffocate the motor
Thanks

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
he has a vintage style one that is NOT an expansion chamber!?
really!?
AWESOME!?
ill check right now....can you send me the link

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
I'm not sure about the design of their pipe but you may be able to modify it to get a more vintage look. My old 50cc tohatsu came factory stock with a tuned expansion chamber cleverly hidden in a long pipe to muffle it. That long pipe from cmb.com looks like it would work alright, maybe not real high performance but it certainly looks "old".

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Wow, I wasnt aware of clones being available for the Morini. Only thing is for the $100 more than the non sale price you can get the real thing. Let us know how it runs. SportsCarPat make some nice vintage looking pipes that have a small expansion chamber but if itll fit your frame is a different story.

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
The 11hp morini is water cooled and no longer avail in this country.
I'm using a worksman frame so maybe Pat's pipe would work. I don't have a lot of experience with exp chambers. How drastic is the change without 'em. I mean will it run?... Or just run like garbage?

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
a chamber makes all the difference if you want the 11 hp. those big [for a 50cc] need to breath lots of air. i have a s6e out of a mini quad that had a long pipe [30''] with no chamber and a 12'' muff, quiet as could be but it has real small ports [smaller than a HT] and only makes about 2 1/2 hp. i don't know how much power you will lose but it wont get on the pipe. i'd guess 1/2 the power maybe more. look at treatland for a old style chamber/muff or try one off a moped. i'd hate to see you put such a nice motor and and be a slow plug fouling dog. oh ya a chamber doesent have to look like one. good luck dennis