Authentic-ish Harley boardtrack build (any input?)

GoldenMotor.com

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
I fabricated a pair of mounts that make the 28" henderson rack stand work with my bike, It is a VERY ridged setup. Its all iron riveted steel tubing so it can put up with a beating!

Attachments

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I like the leaf fork, but did Harley Davidson ever use them on any bike? I thought HD used coil springs exclusively. Not that it matters much. It can be a "what if they did this" bike.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Mine has a combo girder / springer. If your gonna do it make it so it really works with a rocker piece at the bottem. And youll want a better springer. Mine came off a scrapped out golf cart :)

Attachments

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
What else is one off snowmobile front ski old ones have three leafs. That is what I am useing on Silverbears& fastedys Indian builds..........Curt

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Yea, I'm looking for a old snowmobile sring set to use in a indian cradlespring set up I want to attempt in the far future. Somobiles and golfcarts would be the best places to find the springs

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
I did a little bit more work on the forks, ill probably just end up doing my own springs since ive already mastered the process of building antique flintlock springs. same process but on a HUGE scale.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Yea, I'm looking for a old snowmobile sring set to use in a indian cradlespring set up I want to attempt in the far future. Somobiles and golfcarts would be the best places to find the springs
I think I can still get a pair of snowmobile skies with springs $20 for a pair I can check let me know...........Curt

bird

Dec 5, 2011
prunedale, CA
I recently finished my springer forks and got things going smooth with the jackshaft, The exhaust tip was salvaged from an early 30's harley. I picked up a pulley from a small engine shop and made the shaft for it on my lathe. Just got done respoking the rear end with a 3 speed internal shift transmission and 12ga spokes. About 95% done:) So far I have a 240cc 3 speed suicide-shift cold blooded machine!

Attachments