Morini Intake Pipe

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Anybody know of a source for a different Morini (carb to engine) intake? The one that comes on the engine is short and I would like to experiment with a more off to the side position for my s6s as frame space with my filter is rather tight.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I pondered for a while about putting a 24mm carby on once. In my speculation looking around my yard and garage I cam up with something that might be of help dunno? My delima at the time was that I would have to make a new intake.

This for me would have needed a slight angle to it and be bigger in diameter than my stock SCSW one.

I have a small collection of dirt cheep yard sale bikes stashed away. What I found when studying the diameter of the tubing with mic calipers at the fork crowns on them was that I had matches for it! I bailed on the idea and stuck with the 21mm upgrade I had for my high altitude tuning.

Yet a cool thing is right at a set of forks at the crown and a hack saw might give you the turn radius you are looking for? Then last simply weld that to a nice thick steel plate to represent your new intake bolt up point. Drill 4 screw holes and walla! Mebbe that will help?;)

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I pondered for a while about putting a 24mm carby on once. In my speculation looking around my yard and garage I cam up with something that might be of help dunno? My delima at the time was that I would have to make a new intake.

This for me would have needed a slight angle to it and be bigger in diameter than my stock SCSW one.

I have a small collection of dirt cheep yard sale bikes stashed away. What I found when studying the diameter of the tubing with mic calipers at the fork crowns on them was that I had matches for it! I bailed on the idea and stuck with the 21mm upgrade I had for my high altitude tuning.

Yet a cool thing is right at a set of forks at the crown and a hack saw might give you the turn radius you are looking for? Then last simply weld that to a nice thick steel plate to represent your new intake bolt up point. Drill 4 screw holes and walla! Mebbe that will help?;)
Haha your right Goat, i have all the tools to fab up a plate with a piece of pipe on it just gotta find my motivation. ;-)

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I was thinking about your bike and the angle you mounted your motor at might study my stock intake SCSW one. I like it and think the length of it per tuning is perfect. It is strikingly similar to what Nidy used on his wheely bike per the tuning length of it.. Could just order one of those too? It might set the carb off to the left side nicely?

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I was thinking about your bike and the angle you mounted your motor at might study my stock intake SCSW one. I like it and think the length of it per tuning is perfect. It is strikingly similar to what Nidy used on his wheely bike per the tuning length of it.. Could just order one of those too? It might set the carb off to the left side nicely?
Somebody mentioned in the begining that the angle I mounted my motor at could cause concern for my carb, but those concerns went away after it fired up and ran the first time. Now Im more concerned with keeping the float bowl from rubbing up against the coil bracket I made under heavy vibration.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
The stock ''morini'' intake will work on my bike too. I think we are at similar engine mounting angles dunno? My bad not sure now what you are doing? didja want it out the left side?

Last edited:

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
The stock ''morini'' intake will work on my bike too. I think we are at similar engine mounting angles dunno? My bad not sure now what you are doing? didja want it out the left side?
It's all good I'll fab it up. I kinda wanted to be able to cant it out to the left. I figure it can't really go right due to the kick start.