installing hua sheng clutch

GoldenMotor.com

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
im trying to put my centrifucal clutch on my skyhawk, and i cant figure out, for the life of me how to get the small gear off so i can mate the clutch to the system :-||
besides that, is there anything else i should keep in mind?
thanks
john

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
im trying to put my centrifucal clutch on my skyhawk, and i cant figure out, for the life of me how to get the small gear off so i can mate the clutch to the system :-||
besides that, is there anything else i should keep in mind?
thanks
john
Are you talking about the gear hook to the clutch bell? See thr picture bellow.If so it does not come off.

Attachments

blckwlfny1

Jul 14, 2010
new york
That looks nothing like anything I've got. I was referring to the small gear on the crank that meshes with the large one on the manual clutch. I can't figure out how to remove it

universitymotor

Nov 5, 2011
College Park, MD
Open up the magneto cover and there should be a bolt near it that turns as you turn the motor over. Use a wrench to hold it in place, while simultaneously unscrewing the big screw on the small gear with a relatively big flat-head to get some torque on it. It should come right off.

I had to tighten mine on my new kit I put together recently because when I would let the clutch out it wouldn't turn the motor over, but spin free instead, because it wasn't tight enough.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Check out this thread, There are links within it for more info too.
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/some-help-centrifugal-clutch-install-34371.html

Another way to remove that small gear is to use a rag, penny, or other piece of soft metal stuck between the gear teeth to stop everything from turning while using a large, well fitting screwdriver to unscrew the bolt in the center of said small gear.
Use the puller that came with the kit to remove the gear from the shaft.

Here's a link to a picture tutorial that Al.Fisherman shared with us on another site.
MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum - Al.Fisherman's Album: Small clutch gear removal.