Seat Question

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Not sure I am ready to shell out for a Brooks just yet, although I won't rule out sniping an old one off eBay. Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheaper alternative sprung leather seat?

I really like this one:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I picked up a really nice Brooks B135 model from Bicycles | Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes | MTB Bikes | Bike Parts | Bike Frames | Road Frames | MTB Frames and even found an online coupon, they are in England but price in U.S. Dollars. The dollar is low so it's a good time to buy. Total cost with shipping $117.98. I figure if you go through 2-3 other cheaper saddles to realize you really need a good one then why not go for it. I wish I had ordered this one at the start of my project. They also have the B190 which is a bit larger.

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Triple sprung leather saddle $35+shipping, posting from my phone, so can't do a link or whatnot...
P.m. me, n I'll get you the info, I believe there's photos if you go to my profile...
Hope this helps! I've been very pleased with mine!!

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I have the B-190 on my 1911 Indian build and it is AMAZING. So comfortable. I have been on it for 8 solid hours and no pain what so ever. If you can get one new or used, go for it. The 190 is also sized for the bikes we do. It is virtually a scaled vintage motorcycle seat.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I thought that was the one you had Cobra but they didn't make it in the Honey finish so that's why I went with the B135. I'm hoping it will be just as nice.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I have the b 135 on my USAAF bicycle build. It's a very nice seat also. The honey looks good. Don't let leather colors deter you from a particular seat in the future though. Tandy Leather sells a wipe on liquid that takes the color off of leather and dies that you can put on latter to make the piece any color you want. I almost did this with the b-190 but decided black is good. the 190 and 135 refer to the width in mm of the seat at the widest point. If you can get by with a 135 mm seat over a 190 mm seat then go for it.