Another gas savings story

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
It would be cool to get some input on this, it caught my attention. We got a great evaluation from so many sharp mindes!http://www.preignitioncc.com/mechanic/index.htm:eek::rolleyes:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yeah could be almost had me sold can't tell if its to good to be true. like all of us it would be nice if it was?

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Definitely a scam. For such a huge improvement in mileage you would have to drastically improve the efficiency of the internal combustion engine. I don't care what you do with the fuel the efficiency is limited by the engine design. rotfl

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
let me see if that thing worked my weedwhacker engine would bet 2,000 miles a gallon. Now that WOULD be something to brag about.

Okay 1800 if you are going to pick nits

domdomt

Sep 8, 2008
haha, have you heard of those pills, that supposes increase mpg? My grandad was given some, and guess what! It didn't work haha

mralaska

Aug 16, 2008
Deerfield, NH
It MUST work, this testimonial is enough to convince me!:

Service Technician said:
I doubted the first day, but was convinced when I saw how easy it was to install.
I would send them my phone number for a quote if I had a dime to my name. Actually, that is another way you can tell this is legitimate. Scammers never want to talk to you on the phone, they always lay it all out for you to see. Only a legitimate business would tease you with the potential rewards then have you send your phone number for more details.

For those not in tune to sarcasm, the last two paragraphs were dripping with it. I did find it an interesting Google topic, though. The 'inventor' of the 'technology' is apparently incarcerated in a mental institution but there are plenty of colorful characters left to carry on his legacy. I actually remember reading about this whole concept on the back of a comic book many years ago (right next to magic spark plugs, vapor injectors, and rebuild pills) but they did not call it a Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter because Catalytic Converters had not gone mainstream at that time.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
I don't know much about this particular device but I've seen so many of these things that have been debunked. Some are just created by hucksters to part customers and their money.

When I was a kid in the early eighties there was this group of traveling "tech's" who owned this lovely white Cadillac that would travel to the less prosperous communities of Southern Ohio, West Virginia, and eastern Kentucky charging $150 to attend their seminar where they would show how
to make the "Carb that gave 150 mpg". Basically it was a heated gasoline feed to the modified OEM metal Air Cleaner so it would work similar to one of these modern Kerosene heaters. In principle it created a vapor for the engine to use instead of an automized spray within the carb. (less efficient yet dependable year around)

Anytime fuel is expensive these innovations and innovators will pop up as there is an industry in it for them. "Market Demand". A crying need.

I figure someone will be developing some "high tech" device for our furnaces & boilers soon to pare down this winter heating cost. I can only hope for the sake of public safety that those things would require an industry safety certificate. (less houses or whole neighborhoods burn down)

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
im going to get a propane conv. for my pickup. the most costly is the tank approx. 75-used 35. can be done for around w/used tank. a couple of hand tools. high press. hose needs to be made for you. it burns cleaner and is around 1.75 gal.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Stude,

The guy who delivers the bottles of gas around here has an extended 1 1/2 ton truck that runs on Propane. He says he can switch back and forth from gasoline to LP. He showed me under the hood and the set up on the air cleaner that delivered LP to the carb. As we talked he mentioned how clean the engine ran internally. (when they replaced the original motor due to miles
the mechanics pulled the valve covers and oil pan to show him how clean it was)

As we were talking he mentioned something I'd never heard about before. It seems they bought some special motor oil that was formulated for engines that run LP. It has a "low ash" content. The original installation instructions claimed nothing special was required to operate the vehicle on LP......but they found out about it from head quarters office. Some article in a fleet operators magazine they saw detailing LP fueled fleets. So, I'm left to guess regular motor oils somehow have a reaction to common motor oils. (but I don't know how much of a reaction or if it's enough to matter)

Now I don't know much about ash in motor oils.

Anyone else here ever hear about this ?

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
There was an article in popular mechanics or it the science one that tested the tornado it only worked on one or to models I can't rememmeber. One of the models was sobstantial, the rest was a joke. I can't seem to spell today