converted to single speed? i found a great tensioner

GoldenMotor.com

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you converted your multi speed bike to a single speed you probably would like to get rid of the derailer. i found a great single speed tensioner on ebay.
i believe it will be the 5th one down the page- single speed bicycle chain tensioner new- sold by buildyourbike.
most of the tensioners will only go up to a 20 tooth cog , i have a 22tooth and it works great.
and the best part is its only $ 20.95 including expidited shipping
Ive enclosed some pics, check"em out if your interested.

Attachments

stretchintha420

May 16, 2011
york ME
i currently have my bike apart, one of the changes i want to do is not put all that other stuff back on and go single speed. would you recommend it?

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
I guess it would be a personal choice. i did it cuz it got rid of the derailers ,cables and shifters. if your only going to pedal the bike to start it, it would be the way to go. it took a coulple of trys with the gearing. i have a 44 t front and a 22t rear with 29inch rims. its a little more work to get started but i can pedal and help the motor get right up into the powerband fast. if you look at my pics the set up is way cleaner without all that other gear. So,id say go for it..