1st Build Progress, Panther W/EZ Qmatic

GoldenMotor.com

Boardie

Mar 22, 2011
Under the Redwoods, Ca.
Hi all,

I thought I'd share a photo of the progress of my first build.

The frame & forks are 1950 Schwinn Panther that I picked up off of craigslist. The engine and drive are from EZ Motorbike (H/S engine W/ Qmatic). The tank, hub adapter/rear sprocket & seat post are from sportscarpat (Sportman Flyer). The wheels & tires are from Felt and the saddle is from Brooks.

I have a few items to attend to and then take her all apart for paint (same red as the wheels).

I would like to thank all on this great forum for all the great posts, ideas and suggestions.

A special thanks to both Quenton of EZ Motorbike for all of his great advice and to sportscarpat of Sportsman Flyer for all of his help and for rescuing me when I snapped my crank arm while attempting to bend it.

Boardie

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Man thats beautiful. Very nice job.... are you painting it the color of the wheels?

Are you going to drill more lightening holes in the rear sprocket? IMO it would look a lot better.

Cant wait to see more of this beauty

MotorizedEtc.

Jul 10, 2010
Fremont, CA
Great looking bike you have there! I am also building a bike like yours and have a few questions. What kind of cranks and chainring do you have? What size are the wheels and tires? Thanks!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Wayne,
It was a pleasure working with you over the weekend, and putting you to work! Not too often I get an extra hand in the shop. Your build is top notch all the way.
Pat

Boardie

Mar 22, 2011
Under the Redwoods, Ca.
Hi All,

To answer a few of the questions:

The frame, forks & tank are going to be painted or powder coated the same red as the wheels.

The tires are cream Felt Quickbricks (26X2.125), the wheels are from felt.

The chain ring is a 28 tooth from Worksman, the cranks are vintage 1 piece Schwinn, heated and bent for clearance (thanks Pat), This is the 2nd crank set, the 1st one I snapped while heating and trying to bend.

The rear sprocket is a 64 tooth, and I may add more holes.

Boardie