Paradox's motorbike!

GoldenMotor.com

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
where did you get that billet head ive been looking all over for one
Sick Bike Parts...

long time lurker here, but i'll come out the cave for this one.

I LOVE IT! great job on the build.

Is that leather on those fenders? Where did you get them or did you make them yourself?
Thanks, Im typically a forum lurker as well! I made the leather skirts, and then riveted them to the fenders. I should have used a thicker leather, but leather is expensive so I used what I had lying around.

long time lurker here, but i'll come out the cave for this one.

I LOVE IT! great job on the build.

Is that leather on those fenders? Where did you get them or did you make them yourself?
Yes, Hockey Pucks. My friend works at an ice rink ;)
I know theres much debate on hard/rubber mounting, but honestly, I have very little to no vibration, and Ive never busted a mounting bolt. However, the lack of vibration could also be from using a shift kit. I havent tried this mounting on a stock setup.

Hey paradox,
Any change of video? Would love to see and hear it run!!!
I have some raw videos. Ill have to find the time to sort through them and post something worthwhile!

Nice build with lots of attention to detail...
SB
Thank you and to everyone for the nice comments! I still have a good amount of ideas of things I want to ad to the bike, but at some point you just have to tell yourself to stop lol.

ParadoX999

Apr 27, 2010
San Francisco
Can you tell me what you did exactly to get the tank mounted on? What kind of welds and modifications did it take?
Sure, the tank itself had two tabs in the front also welded two tabs on the back end of the tank as well. I then cut a thin metal tube to the width of the tank. That is, this tube's end points can fit between the left and right tabs of the tank. I made 2 of these, for the front tab set and the back tab set. I then threaded the tubes, so they can be fastened to the tank tabs.

Now remove these tubes from the tank. Weld the front tube to the bottom of the bike's top bar. Now place the tank on and mount it to this freshly made front mount. With the tank attached, you can now use the tank and its rear tabs as a guide to let you know exactly where to weld the 2nd tube for the rear mount.

For a metal worker, this is a pretty easy job. If you are able to make the pieces yourself, a welder can do the job for you for cheap.

The tank itself was an ebay find for 35 dollars. Try to get one in good condition with no leaks and no or very minor rust inside. To clean the inside, get some type of acid from hardware or auto store, and a handful of nuts or bolts. Throw it all in there, shake it up, let it sit on each side for a bit, while shaking it again every few minutes. Then empty and clean. As soon as you empty it, put some oil in it or it will rust within 20 minutes. I didnt need to line the tank. If you are stripping the exterior paint, its easier to do all that prior to the in-tank cleaning.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: