Original Board & Flat Track Racer Parts, Plans,Etc..

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Just wanted to share some of the Original Patent Plans on record at the U.S. Patent Office at Washington, D.C.

Some Original real reproduction parts are available from original plans these are still manufactured today, such as: Tanks, Frames, Forks, Eccentrics, Top Ends, Wheels, Magnetos, etc...etc...

One of my favorite companies is none other than -: S P O R T S M A N F L Y E R :-
sportscarpat, among others have really made it possible for those of us fortunate enough to enjoy riding these bikes again.

Another company owned by Arron Mohr, is manufacturing true to Patent exact reproductions of parts for these amazing machines:

Slewfoot Signs Parts

And their sister website:

Home - 8 valve racer

These wheels would be awesome on Sportscarpats, Sportsman Flyer & Sportsman Racers!

The Frames, Forks, and Wheels are posted at bottom of this page.

Both of the frames are faithful reproductions of the factory racing frames from the mid teens to late twenties for the famous 8 valve H.D. motors. As such, they use a standard "J" neck with a 17 degree rake. When a stock "J" front end is used you will have a 55 inch wheel base axle to axle.

U.S. Patents for BTR's

Harley rear hub.
HARLEY - Google Patent Search

Harley Pedal Crank / Jackshaft.
THE NOKRSS PETERS CO - Google Patent Search

Harley Single / Motorized Bicycle Circa 1914
TBANSMISSION-GEABJNG - Google Patent Search

Harley Chain Breaker Circa 1920.
TO HARLEYRDAVIDSON - Google Patent Search

Harley Seat Post Shock Absorber Circa 1912.
SEAT-STJTPORT - Google Patent Search

Harley Floorboard / Footrest Circa 1914.
FOOTBOARD ATTACHMENT FOB MOTOR-CYCLES - Google Patent Search

Harley Motor Cycle Stand Circa 1910.
MOTOR-CYCLE STAND - Google Patent Search

Harley Sidecar Circa 1918.
SIDE CAR FOB MOTOR-CYCLES - Google Patent Search

Harley Sidecar Body Circa 1921.
WILLIAM S - Google Patent Search

Harley Sidecar Body Circa 1916.
DESIGN FOB A VEHICLE-BODY - Google Patent Search

Harley Split Gas Tank Circa 1914.
MOTORCYCLE OIL-TANK - Google Patent Search

Indian with Machine Gun on Sidecar Circa 1916-19.
ORDNANCE EQUIPMENT - Google Patent Search

Indian Patent for Sidecar Circa 1918.
CHUSETTS - Google Patent Search

Joerns Motor Co aka Cyclone Patent Circa 1914.
STRAND - Google Patent Search

Cyclone was a brand name of motorcycle were manufactured by Joerns Motor Manufacturing Company located in St. Paul, Minnesota from 1912 through 1917.
[edit] History

The Cyclone was a short-lived brand but made its mark by doing very well on the board track racing circuits of 1910 through the 1930s. Cyclones also did well on the dirt track racing circuit of the day winning many races. In 1914, an Excelsior lost its one-mile speed record title to a Cyclone.
[edit] Engine

Designed by engineer Andrew Strand, a powerful 61 cubic inch (996cc) 45 degree V-Twin SOHC, 45 horsepower engine was the powerplant chosen for the Cyclone. The overhead cams were driven by a vertical shaft with beveled-gear ends, and the cylinder-head had a hemispherical head combustion chamber. The Cyclone was capable of a 110 mph top speed. Joerns Motor Co. sold the original Cyclone for $350.00.

These motorcycles were often painted in Joerns' signature canary-yellow color, however they were also available in dark blue. The Cyclone's demise came in 1917, when the Joerns Motor Co. determined that they could not compete with lower cost competition.

That's all I have for now enjoy our motorized bicycle history, now known as motorcycles, which we fine forum members have now reverted to and that is Bicycles Motor Assisted!

Peace C.H.

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Crazyhorse, the master researcher! Nice job, man. So where can I find all the forged pieces for the frames! I'll need the head tube, bottom bracket, etc.
Pat

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Crazyhorse, the master researcher! Nice job, man. So where can I find all the forged pieces for the frames! I'll need the head tube, bottom bracket, etc.
Pat
Did anybody find the forgings? I also am looking for frame drawings/dimensions for a 1914 Harley-Davidson single cylinder. Jimmy at Competition Distributing is out of the frame business and the fella he sold out to is not yet ready...

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Did anybody find the forgings? I also am looking for frame drawings/dimensions for a 1914 Harley-Davidson single cylinder. Jimmy at Competition Distributing is out of the frame business and the fella he sold out to is not yet ready...
I have spent a bit of time looking for someone willing to make custom lugged pieces built to my specification. It always comes down to ordering a huge volume and/or waiting more than a year to get the pieces. Some guys have made lug pieces by tig welding the pieces together, but then you have a tig welded and notched part, not to difficult, that you then use to braze join the tubes. Certainly does not save any time and really more than doubles the work necessary to get a vintage style build.

Last edited: