HF Greyhound in a Tandem

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Jb

Your Tandem is looking very good. I like the step thru. At my age it is too hard to get a leg up over the rear handle bars or a high rear rack drive system.

Good Ole Elmo!! I doubt that he had a clue how popular and practical his build would be. He went from a neat little weed wacker friction drive to a trailer pulling tractor!! Kudo`s to my friend!! The picture of his long driveway and mab makes me home sick.

Jb, are you running direct to the rear wheel, and what final ratio ? Thanks for sharing.

Ron .cvlt1

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Jb

Your Tandem is looking very good. I like the step thru. At my age it is too hard to get a leg up over the rear handle bars or a high rear rack drive system.

Jb, are you running direct to the rear wheel, and what final ratio ? Thanks for sharing.

Ron .cvlt1
Thanks Neat Times. I'm using an EZ Q matic drive with an adjustable front pulley & a 62 tooth rear sprocket.
Jay

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Soon it will finally be done. Whizzer air cleaner (originally the idea of the Davis brothers). Carb linkage is finished. Got the exhaust manifold pipe welded to face front so I can route the pipe down around the front.

Attachments

Last edited:

billragland

Aug 14, 2010
Springvale, ME
Thanks for the great pics on your tandem rebuild. That is going to attract a lot of attention zipping around your area. I was looking again at your blogspot bike and I wonder if you could tell me what kind of bike that is, the blue one. Also did you add the front suspension or did it come with the bike. I have a lot to learn about getting front suspensions to fit bikes that have everything else I need on them. I am about to order a $200 stepthrough girls bike to mount my EZMotorbike kit too because they have so much room in front of the seat tube and already have front suspension and caliper brakes. I put two sites below here to see what you think of them. I still haven't heard from the EZMotorbike home office about my bike quest. Keep sharing - we appreciate your boldness to go where no biker has gone before.

Peace,

Bill
.trk

Schwinn s4011 miramar cruiser comfort bike bicycle new on eBay!

Amazon.com: Schwinn Merge Women's Cross/Comfort Bike (700c Wheels): Sports & Outdoors

elevator

Jun 4, 2011
calif
they should rename the tandemed bike to relationship tester but with the motor that changes everthing. I have 2 tandem frames less wheels and want to put the motor in front because most passengers dont want to be so close to a motor. both f + r chainwheels shound independently free wheel and gears would be nice for hills. nice build and looks like you will have fun.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
they should rename the tandemed bike to relationship tester but with the motor that changes everything. I have 2 tandem frames less wheels and want to put the motor in front because most passengers don't want to be so close to a motor. both f + r chain wheels should independently free wheel and gears would be nice for hills. nice build and looks like you will have fun.
Bonnie did mention that she's going to have to straddle the engine.

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Thanks for the great pics on your tandem rebuild. That is going to attract a lot of attention zipping around your area. I was looking again at your blogspot bike and I wonder if you could tell me what kind of bike that is, the blue one. Also did you add the front suspension or did it come with the bike. I have a lot to learn about getting front suspensions to fit bikes that have everything else I need on them. I am about to order a $200 stepthrough girls bike to mount my EZMotorbike kit too because they have so much room in front of the seat tube and already have front suspension and caliper brakes. I put two sites below here to see what you think of them. I still haven't heard from the EZMotorbike home office about my bike quest. Keep sharing - we appreciate your boldness to go where no biker has gone before.

Peace,

Bill
.trk
My Tandem is a Worksman. I put a Schwinn Phantom springer on it. Pirate Cycles has bikes for sale too & they're not too far south of you.
Jay
Pirate Cycles

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Elevator

i thought that also about freewheels on the pedal cranks, when i bought my tandem a couple yrs ago.

I guess it would be a proplem when turning/leaning into turn and one pedal being lower would snag the ground. Not safe.

Ron

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Congrats Jay :D Looks great! Sorry if you told me, but tell me again what kind and how many teeth is that rear sprocket of yours? Happy riding :)
-LS

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Congrats Jay :D Looks great! Sorry if you told me, but tell me again what kind and how many teeth is that rear sprocket of yours? Happy riding :)
-LS
62 tooth. It seems geared low but I haven't taken a passenger yet. I'll need the low gears for that.