24volt electric push trailer

GoldenMotor.com

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
Hey guys/forum. I don't know where to post this but...

I built myself a Electric push trailer few weeks ago. I just got 8 12volt 7ah data safe sealed lead acid battery today. Now for the test and tune.

I got a stupid 24volt scooter from a scrapper for 20bucks. Its 10ah battery's where dead and gone. I cut the forks off. Removed the handle bars. Modified it to a rear end to a mtb. It attache's to any bicycle that has axles. I guess its a electric bob trailer. Single wheel. Non-freewheeled. Pivit-able and if i want i can drag my knee and lean like a champ with no problems. :) But anyway.

I drove almost 12 miles on 4 12volt 7ah battery's. Correct me if im wrong but... I think its 24volt 14 amp hour's. I used google as my mile meter. So its a guess how far i went. But i went up and down my hill 6 times at the end of my ride till it wasn't strong enof to get me up this hill again. 3am. Time to charge them all for next day. I put all 4 battery's on a human scale and they are 25lb's and i weight 150lb and the bike was a 20in at 65psi. no clue on how much bike and old scooter + mtb rear end weigh. If i had to guess id say it went 7mph-12mph and no pedal the hole 12miles.

I don't know **** about anything, I just know what i learn or read. Or im only as smart as google or my searching skills. :) Advice and comments welcome. Good or bad. I need some feedback.

P.S. I will take pictures as soon as the sun shows its face.

So, Question is... EVERYTING.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

DIY projects are all so unique it really helps to have a few pics when ya get the chance, also remember that electrics are a bit of a minority so there's not as many that can offer useful feedback... then last but not least by any means is ofc that this is a forum that spans many time zones - ya might hafta wait a lil while for the 'lectric folks to get outa bed...

I hear they can be quite lazy - ya know, cheating by putin' electric motors n'stuff on their bicycles OMG ;)

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I do like your idea and read a lot and not comment a lot,although 12 mph isn't real fast ,it is efficient,,mild pedal power would help the distance,,,20 inch wheel?,and pics are nice too lol

ne2rk

Jul 31, 2010
chicago
Simple project. 24volt electric scooter. Belt driven. Cut off the forks and removed the handlebars. Bolted rear end of mtb to the scooter. It pivit's so it can turn and it takes bumps good also.

The second picture is my 12volt zappy trailer. Same idea. Not as fast.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Lookin good! I am starting to take a real interest in these motor jobbers. Check a member out by the name of Kim. He has some sweet machines.