Firebird, Silverbear's Worksman Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
couldnt of said it better. ive been looking at this site for a week tops and i saw so many dif builds. i love it

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thank you, Harry. The Worksman is the bike getting a makeover this summer, which might seem kind of dumb since it appears to be finished and I do like the way it turned out. But you know, a guy can afford just so many bikes and I have made a commitment to never sell this one since it is a tribute to forum members who contributed parts and good wishes into it's making. Can't afford to just keep building bikes, either, so the answer is to do makeovers and see if a bike can't be made better yet. I don't like the way the rear rack is mounted, so will redo the plates I made for the dropouts where the rack is attached at the rear. I'll make the ears a little longer this time and that will make it right so the rack can attach at the seat post in front as it is supposed to. Tinsmith gave me a new set of handlebars which will sweep back and be just right so that I can change the goose neck around to the way it should be. Pretty soon I'll have the leaf spring front fork for it which Curtis Fox made up this winter. I want to make a copper gas tank to fit in the frame and now I know how, thanks to Tinsmith. Fasteddy is working right now on the tri-car front end and a better frame for the sidecar version of the bike in two wheel mode. Yesterday I picked up the Villiars engine for Fasteddy. It or one like it will be the power plant and it will get a belt drive like your current build. This bike is destined for great things! We'll keep what's good and improve on the rest even though I like it just the way it is. What fun!
SB

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Hey silverbear, I don't know how I missed this thread, but I just spent an hour reading and I must say, that's a fine build. Looks like you incorporated everything into one bike, and did it tastefully. The colors, tha sidecar, all the little extras. Very cool. I can't wait for retirement so i can do this for hours every day. What a fun hobby. Keep it up, we need you.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey silverbear, I don't know how I missed this thread, but I just spent an hour reading and I must say, that's a fine build. Looks like you incorporated everything into one bike, and did it tastefully. The colors, tha sidecar, all the little extras. Very cool. I can't wait for retirement so i can do this for hours every day. What a fun hobby. Keep it up, we need you.
I'm glad you like the bike. Yes, it really is great to be able to start the day on a project and pick up the next day where you left off. These builds are so time and thought consuming that it is hard for the working guys to keep at them without feeling like they will never get done. And it is so much fun to work with somebody else on projects who shares a common interest. This winter I had the pleasure of learning from and working with Tinsmith, picking up the rudiments of tin and copper work in the making of gas tanks. This summer Fasteddy will come to my place in Minnesota to work on our Villiards Indian builds. I'll be referring to your little book as I go, translating your B&S builds into Villiards. Fasteddy is figuring out the tri- car front end right now. Fun stuff. I feel kind of sorry for old guys sitting on their porches watching the traffic go by. Or watching game shows on TV. I'd go bonkers without these bikes to putter around with and on.
SB