It ran for a while

GoldenMotor.com

macimpala

Jun 8, 2008
Kimberly,WI
three weeks worth playing summary
1st run carb wrong, ran wide open- fixed installed barrel correctly
2nd run going to work pedaled over half way 6 miles total- ran and quit adjusted screw on carb top ran better still quit but restarted after short burst of pedals got home adjusted carb more
3rd ride to work ran good took long way home got home and hooked up kill switch ground to frame other to BLUE from engine
4th ride to work clutch cable pulled through no clutch by time got to work by that I mean clutch was engaged and would not pull off
installed new cable after work and made one lap around parking lot before engine faded and now wont start fire ... pedaled all 6 miles home holding in clutch!
now
I have spark at least some! (replaced stock wire and boot 8mm from autozone) added screw thing to sparkplug
I have fuel I have cleaned out the carb bowl found particles and flushed more gas through with bowl off installed clear filter in line
I get nothing with different adjustments
HELP!

Attachments

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Do you see fuel in the filter? Are your Magneto/ CDI wires soldered or making a good connection? The stock connectors are no good. Disconnect the kill switch completely until you get it running good. Plug wire screwed into CDI tightly? Replace the spark plug, the chinese plugs are CARP.......I run NGK but Champion is also another choice and easier to find at auto parts stores....I'll bet it is one of these........

macimpala

Jun 8, 2008
Kimberly,WI
plenty o fuel -plug getting wet drying between tries
also I replaced CDI connector wires with new flat type and soldered them
kill switch is/has been off since problems
Ive been switchen between stock plug and that ngk5 one

macimpala

Jun 8, 2008
Kimberly,WI
magneto wires I looked at seem tight
checked ground cleaned not very dirty
but I sanded and reinstalled anyway
got to go to bed must make money in 6.5hrs
check this tomorrow
thanks
Loren
check out the pic

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Too rich? Where is your needle clip? Try ANOTHER new plug. Are you trying it with full choke or 3/4 choke? I had a little problem with the first two kits because I kept trying to use full choke....sometimes I'm just dense.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Quote fron BKG
"The needle clip moves down for richer guys....if you move it down a notch, it raises the needle out of the jet more. With the taper of the needle and the opening in the jet, the area of where the fuel can flow through becomes larger." end Quote

macimpala

Jun 8, 2008
Kimberly,WI
got back to the toy a couple hours ago
I purchased another new plug and had a hard time getting spark... so
(my 21 yr old daughter had the first bike I put together 2 yrs ago but abuse has left it in a basket)
I tried the cdi earlier now I took a look at the magneto cleaned off the light rust and switched it to my bike
presto ignition in the first few feet!
went around the block in the dark YEEEHAAA
here is a pic of the original center part from my bike.
Do you guys think the recessed area could have been the problem way back to my first ride/pedals into work this motor has less than 30 miles running

Attachments