Board Track Racing Kit

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Pat, do you like the Morini engine that much better? I only have one happy engine that run's proper, (out of 15) but I know they are out there. If one of them has the least bit of quality control the cranks would stay in balance. How are the GruBee engine? they look to have the best control.
I use carb's from old Yamaha's (what a difference). Your bikes are at the top of the list for quality and looks.
I need a rear drive with a damper similar to the small motorcycles to keep the pounding out of the rear wheel. Honda started with one on the 50 in 1958 and all the others followed, I think it could be done. Have fun, Dave

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Nice to see my old thread getting bumped back up. I have had excellent luck with the Grubee engines. No major problems at all. I run my own custom intake with modified expansion chamber, basically full port flanges and these engines run pretty strong. Lately I have moved away from the stock frame configurations and into the loop and stretch and loop designs, but my Sportsman Flyer number 1 is still running strong. We only have about 10 miles on the first Morini build but it appears to be a strong engine and is very high quality. As for the rear drive you mentioned Egor, and it taking a pounding, I am not quite sure what you mean. I have seen the rubber insulated rear sprockets on some motorcycles but so far I have had excellent luck with the hub adapter type rear sprocket mounts. I am now also working with rear drum brake hubs that are designed from the start with a fixed 45t motor side sprocket and freewheel bicycle side sprocket. These new hubs seem to be an excellent solution and are very durable. When I run the China two stroke I always use the CNS carb and find it to be much better than the stock carbs.
Pat

Last edited: