Boardtrack project

GoldenMotor.com

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Just wanted to share my build with you.. The frame and tank and motor mount is done.. Whats left is the wheels and some other bits that need to be figured out.. it's a bit high in the front end but i'm working on that too.. But whenever i sort one problem out i create another one, but in a way i think that thats the joy of building things..

Attachments

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
I see so much nice custom work come out of Sweden it is crazy.If you are into traditional style hot rods or customs They Got It Going On.

Looks like you have got it too. Keep us posted with plenty of updates.

Adam

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Thank you guys.!. I will post some pictures of it when i get any more work done..

Rob, I'll just need to make a new top mont for the springer fork to kick out the front wheel a bit.. that should lower it..

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Got the frame painted and realized that besides making a BTR replica (well sort of) i have also replicated the "Fitzke bordtracker".. Same tank and paint scheme! i even distressed the paint work in the same manner.. Sanded it down so you can see the red primer here and there.. I think it will get a nice vintage look with a little dirt and oil on it..

I was thinking of painting it either dark brown or green first but decided on a creme/sand colour.. the idea is to fool the eye a bit since a darker colour makes the bike look smaller.. I´m buying rims this week and when they are laced up it should be good to go!

Still havent gotten around to the lowering of the front, have made the part but just need to get it welded..

Attachments

char56

May 3, 2010
England
Great build! I really like the tank also.What size are the wheels and tyres? and makes?

Thankyou Charlie

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Just wanted to share my build with you.. The frame and tank and motor mount is done.. Whats left is the wheels and some other bits that need to be figured out.. it's a bit high in the front end but i'm working on that too.. But whenever i sort one problem out i create another one, but in a way i think that thats the joy of building things..
Sano! Like them vintage forks!

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Well the fork is just a standard springer fork, tyres are Scwalbe "fat franks" 26/2,35..

At the moment im having my rims and hubs laced up so hopefully i'll be done soon!

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Well the rims are 36mm wide MTB downhill frestyle hops.. 26inch wheels. I was looking into wider rims (50mm) but beefing up the wheels more could lead to chain clearance problems..

Will put up some proper pics later..!

char56

May 3, 2010
England
Thankyou very much for the fast reply.That's great.I am looking at the moment at all different tyres and wheel opitions, for a build I will be doing.Yours looks nice! Thanks again

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Char56, chainreactioncycles.com have a lot of 26inch rims to choose from, and they are located in the UK.. :) Thats where i got mine! (DMR blacklines)

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
OK! Got the wheels back from my LBS, Shimano rear hub with a coasterbrake, front some no brand hub they had in the shop, black DT spokes.. And interestingly enough my theory of solving one problem instantly creates two new ones proved itself again, The first one was chain/wheel clearence but i flipped the drive sprocket to gain some MM so that one was easy.. the other one is a bit more complicated.. The backwheel rubs against the top driveside chainstay, seems like the wheel dropouts are out of whack a bit and i didnt notice it when i had the "mock up wheels" on since they are less beefy.. I could probably just bend it right but i just need to figure out a way to do it..

Last edited:

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Have been wearing a ear to ear grin this week,these things are fun!
Shes not finished but almost.. Got a MC clutch lever, throtttle and killswitch button to replace all the cheapo stuff from the kit on the way.. The kit throttle has crapped out already, sort of gets hung up..

Dropped the end cap on the exhaust firts run so i stuck a bicycle bell with some holes in as a temporary fix.. still kinda loud but i think thats just a matter of routing the pipe more towards the rear.. When my son tried it it didnt sound any louder than the other mopeds/scooters in the neighbourhood.. Might get a poo poo pipe or eventully ones of those SPB ones..

She runs good.. Some four stroking at the bottom but nice and whiny at the top..!

When i get all the parts on i will do a proper photo shoot of it with a real camera instead of the cell phone..

Cheers Dregg!

Attachments