Worksman Boardtracker

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Looks "Great" I may have a biased opinion but, I just like these bikes. I'm in the middle of repainting mine. I have that same 36T sprocket but it is so thick I can't run my favorite KMC 410NP on it.

vrgt2003

Sep 10, 2009
Raleigh NC
Really top notch.

I loved your Panther frame version but this Worksman version is really shaping up nicely. The Worksman frame really is a nice start to this. Actually been thinking about our next project and the Worksman straight bar would be a great start.

Mike

Steve M

Nov 27, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Hey sportscarpet, I feel better now and would like to buy one of your back wheel stands. Those stands are sharp and I like the graffics on the side. Email me and we can do the paypal thing.

Thanks Steve.

Attachments

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Pat im new here but planning a simular build as yours. First where do you purchase your items? I would like the bars and rear oil tank also. Also what type of springer is that on your bike?

Thanks from a newbie!!
Forks are Monarch repops. You'll find them on the net. I have heard about quality issues and suggestions about rewelding them to correct strength issues. Also, I just saw a new Felt Bicycles catalog and it looks like they make their own version of this design. Worth looking into. As for the custom pieces your seeing on this build I make them. If your looking for particular parts you can email me. Tanks, bars, seatposts, all the goodies!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
First pictures of the prototype oil tank/tool box. I will try to mount it up in the next couple days and take some better pictures.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Beautiful tankwork as per usual sportscarpat ;)

I'm assuming that's stainless ofc, I like your hinge placement & lock (I'll prolly steal that ider)... I was plannin' an inset door, but that's proving problematic - yours is both simpler & nicer than what I had in mind.

blarg... I gotta get mine done heh

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Here are some better pictures of the oil tank/tool box, or whatever you want to call it. My wife calls it a lunch box, a friend is calling it a gun safe. Maybe it's a motor bike glove box. So whatever it is it holds your junk and looks like an oil tank. I spent some time on the mount straps instead of using off the self parts. I think I will make a bunch for the gas tanks as well. Hope everyone likes it!

Reactions: Nightster

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Pat, I just got three worksman frames from my buddy. They are old frames and need a lot of work, sanding, grinding, painting. I was wondering how much you would charge to build me a fuel tank for. I'm sure one just like yours will fit perfectly since the frames are the same. You could pm me the price if you'd prefer or just post it here. Thanks brother. Also, if you have the time could you itemize your build with links to the parts you bought for it, like the crank set, forks, all the good stuff. I want to build this bike pretty much like yours cause it's pretty much awesome. I have two good stock worksman wheel sets but they need some polishing too but they are in good shape otherwise, just gotta figure out how to get them cleaned up is all.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks for the good words, guys. Now that I have the first tool box done I realize how much I want them for the Panther builds I do.
Hambro,
Nice score on the bikes. I hope you got a killer deal on them. Send me a couple pictures of what you have and we can go from there. I modify the frames somewhat to just clean them up a bit. I remove the chain guard tabs, shorten the seat post extension, and will be adding the idler tab bracket as well. The Worksman INB makes a good MB platform. Crank and sprocket is direct from Worksman and the forks are Monark and you can get them from Venice Beach Motorbikes.

Last edited:

ruppster

Mar 3, 2010
maine
That's a beautiful bike, You do super work! What kind of seat is that? I'm having an awful time finding the parts I want. All the bike shops around here order out of J&B importers which is fine but I'm usually disappointed with the part once I get it. For example handle bars are very hard to tell if they're right from a bunch of measurement and a picture in a book. It sure makes it easier if you can see the part in person.