Virtual Address

GoldenMotor.com

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Thought I'd share this with you.

The link below is for finding an address and is pretty cool. Just type in the address you want and it'll drop you with in a block of it. It has a 360* camera for it, so you can view that whole area of what ever neighborhood you happen to be in. You can either click on the directional on the screen to move, or move the little guy on the map, on your right.

I wonder how much those guys got paid to travel almost all the streets of America for this thing. I happened to get it in front of a dealership and when I swiveled the camera, I saw the reflection in the window showing a car, so I'm guessing they did this with something mounted on the roof.

Check it out.

vPike.com - Take a Trip on the Virtual Turnpike - Visit Places - Virtual Tourist and More

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
google maps does the same thing. they are the ones that actually take the pics.

if you punch in my address you will see me out working on my 65 nova. sold it a few months ago.
they update the pics, but i don't know how often.

i remember when the van drove by my house. they were going really slow, i live in a bad area so people driving slow raise a caution flag from me. i went in my garage and grabbed a few pipes in case they came back.
Mike,
Guess its a good thing you didn't smash their camera. Just think how many addresses would never have been photographed.
I googled my address and they have a picture of my next door neighbor's house instead. Hey, I guess one house off isn't bad when you consider the scope of the task.
Tom