which would you buy if you had to chose

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I built one similar to the center one with two 16" wheels about out 2feet wide. I dont have any problem with the traffic passing me. I always occupy the space of a car when I am at a traffic stop. At the speed of an ebike I don'[t exactly whip in and out of traffic.

thirstybike

Jan 11, 2010
Augusta, Ga
Ive been looking into trailer options recently for a long distance trip I have coming up. Found this carryfreedom.com/downloads/Trailer%20Science.pdf

It's worth a look and explains why 2 wheels are better than 1.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
.flg.this is just something that will help me and maybe others on which to deciced on the one that would be better and would be more handy to use.

so if you would like to vote for one of the bike trailers on this post. all you have to is say the camping trailer for the one on the left or for the one in the middle trailer just say kiddie trailer or for the last one just say middgit trailer
The camper......perfect for a road trip to the beach here in Florida.....I'm sure there's a way to bundle all your other stuff on top when it's down and enclosed....

My 85 cents,
Salty.shft.

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
The camper......perfect for a road trip to the beach here in Florida.....I'm sure there's a way to bundle all your other stuff on top when it's down and enclosed....

My 85 cents,
Salty.shft.
i think your on to somthing that is a good idea to put on putting a few things on top off the trailer but all you would have to bring is like clothing like a swim suit that is if its a good day to swim in florida and food. so anyway keep on thinking of good ideas ok.
.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
i think your on to somthing that is a good idea to put on putting a few things on top off the trailer but all you would have to bring is like clothing like a swim suit that is if its a good day to swim in florida and food. so anyway keep on thinking of good ideas ok.
.shft.

We Floridians are able to travel light ...LOL....no need for excessive clothing....sleeping bags....space heaters...blah,blah and blah.....

Grins,
Salty.shft.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I've had good luck with the type in the middle. I use mine for just a few things. The reason I got it is for my dog. I also use it in late spring early summer for transporting the minnows I trap and sell to fishermen. The creek where I set my traps is off a logging road and makes for a great morning ride through the forest. Hard on my truck, however. It's also good for making minnow deliveries to the neighborhood fishermen, just a few minutes away... they give a call wanting so many dozen Rainbow Chubs and the dog and I make the delivery... fun and more excuses to go for rides. I live between a chain of three spring fed fishing lakes with summer cabins and many fishermen.
A third thing I discovered that I really like is that it makes me much more visible on the road... wider as viewed from front or rear and with an American flag waving from it I am given wide berth. I hadn't even considered the safety/visibility issue, but it is a real plus. The trailer makes for very little drag so that you hardly realize it is there. I have the instep lightning model like Azbill's with chrome spokes. It's a good one.
SB

the paper boy

Jan 8, 2010
CA. Placentia
I've had good luck with the type in the middle. I use mine for just a few things. The reason I got it is for my dog. I also use it in late spring early summer for transporting the minnows I trap and sell to fishermen. The creek where I set my traps is off a logging road and makes for a great morning ride through the forest. Hard on my truck, however. It's also good for making minnow deliveries to the neighborhood fishermen, just a few minutes away... they give a call wanting so many dozen Rainbow Chubs and the dog and I make the delivery... fun and more excuses to go for rides. I live between a chain of three spring fed fishing lakes with summer cabins and many fishermen.
A third thing I discovered that I really like is that it makes me much more visible on the road... wider as viewed from front or rear and with an American flag waving from it I am given wide berth. I hadn't even considered the safety/visibility issue, but it is a real plus. The trailer makes for very little drag so that you hardly realize it is there. I have the instep lightning model like Azbill's with chrome spokes. It's a good one.
SB
your right about that if your using it on the road you might get more people to see you coming because your bigger when your using it and when your not people might not notice that you have the power to go way faster then some one on a bicycle because your bike has a gas powerd motor on it loldance1

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
The Camper is amazing. The tent is on top, it has three compartments for storage. You pack a lot of stuff. I'm planning on taking one through South America. Now of course its fn' expensive but look what you get... a tent cot from Camprite... already $200 to $300. It has four wheels with a swing suspension, more stable than any other trailer. Yes 56 pound is heavy, but consider a good solid trailer already weighs 25 or more pounds, then add your tent/bedding,etc. weight and you already halfway to the camper's weight. Plus pulled weight is never as much as total weight, having four tires puts alot of that weight to the ground, not upon you bike. Need a 72 spoke wheel though, and then you engine won't feel it as much.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
bill ol buddy ol pal. im lookin at the design and im wondering, isnt that a lot of 2 smoke in the childrens face? im thinking a side car would be best with the exhaust behind the car....

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
tommy, if that was directed to me...
I did many thousands of miles pulling the girls with a 2smoke :)
I had the exhaust pointing straight down to disipate any fumes
(I asked many times, but they could not smell anything :))
if they had, they definitely would have spoken up,,,you know how girls are ;)

since changing to a 4 cycle (EZM with a Q-Matic trans), I worry even less :)

Attachments