Short Tracker 2.0

GoldenMotor.com

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Well I had started this thread in “Paint booth and chop shop” but it just seems to make more sense here. Starting with a frame I picked up for $20. My plans are a pair of drum brake wheels with cream colored felt tires. The engine is a 66cc GT5, ported cylinder , coated piston with a shortened skirt, balanced crank and aluminum rod, Acme Labs clutch mod, single “boost bottle”, port matched intake, RSM billet head, Billet clutch actuator, and a few other things I really don’t want to talk about J. I’d love to take it to Death Race next year.

Attachments

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
I hope it’ll at least be competitive at death race. I had a similar engine in my street bike (minus billet head) and with a 36t sprocket it peaked at 43mph and later 49mph with nitrous.

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Cool! I’m building my 29 for road racing and will have a 406 small block Chevy just made 488hp and 508tq last month on the engine dyno, should be fun.

nowramfg

Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Excuse the newbie ?..but where and what is the "Death Race"?
Hot rodder here too...building a 30 Ford A Cabriolet..400sb,TH350,Ford9".

Last edited:

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
Excuse the newbie ?..but where and what is the "Death Race"?
Hot rodder here too...building a 30 Ford A Cabriolet..400sb,TH350,Ford9".
Go to spookytooth cycles.com, they put it on in Tucson/Bisbee and just looks like too much fun. I use to live in Gilbert, been thinking of moving back just to make it easier to go. Sound like a cool rod, I'm a big Sport coupe fan.(^)

nowramfg

Dec 3, 2009
Canada
Sound like a cool rod, I'm a big Sport coupe fan.(^)
That was the first street rod I ever built....a 28 Sport Coupe...drove it to the Western Nats a few times, The 5th Annual Nostalgia Nats....if you ever read Street rodder mag, my car was in there.383 stroker sb ran 12.2 on street tires...

Atomicflyer

Jan 31, 2010
Louisville CO
That head is awesome. Where did you get it? I have a rod also. A 1941 ford two door sedan. Chevy zz4 engine etc. Thing is fast. I will try to post my bike pics.

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
sorry, maybe you've written it somewhere in the post but I didn't catch it - the bars are just standard cruiser bikes turned upside down and shortened or sth else? i'm talking about your first handlebars not the one taht's on the bike now

1 low 64

Oct 23, 2009
Vista CA
that’s it, just standard bars. I just didn't like the pitch they held my hands at so I went with some 60's Schwinn girls bars upside down.