Back from speed week 2009 at the salt flats

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Nice. Are you using that yellow shift knob to operate the clutch? Please show a pic of that side of the bike.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
looks good against the sand
I went there in the early 70's when i was 11-12 with my Dad :)
I remember pedalling my bike there

did the sand give any probs getting where it shouldn't ?

Feb 6, 2009
utah
Ya my clutch cable broke out there. mooneyes had a trailer selling shirts stickers and such. so i found a piece of blue fuel line and slid it over the clutch arm then topped it off with the antenna ball. that i got from the mooneyes guys and walla make shift jockey clutch

Feb 6, 2009
utah
i got salt in my mouth
in my eyes
in my ears
in my food

and i loved every minute of it

Last edited by a moderator:

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
I didnt get a racer put together. But it was fun to be out there and meet a bunch of really great folks. Next year i will be more prepared and get something built.
I think Augi dawg went last year and was the first motorized bike to run there
The dawg only went 32 mph on his GEBE which was a bit of an embarassment for motored bikes
as I am pretty sure that i could pedal that fast

Feb 6, 2009
utah
I think Augi dawg went last year and was the first motorized bike to run there
The dawg only went 32 mph on his GEBE which was a bit of an embarassment for motored bikes
as I am pretty sure that i could pedal that fast
just for fun i pulled my baffle out and ran avgas , and hit 42mph on wet salt with a not so full back tire. (not measured by southern California timing association. but a guy on his wizzer which hit 34 mph and i pulled away from him with no problem . so anyway the 42 mph is a guess