Problems

GoldenMotor.com

crotchrocket

Apr 5, 2009
Florida
Put the bike back together last night and she started on the first pedal and took off like a rocket! I can definately tell the difference with the NGK B5HS plug/cap and oem wire as that baby wound up.....all the way! Oh !@#$!@ the throttles stuck!!! Had to pull plug and after looking at the throttle/carb, the float/needle slides down but gets stuck open. Should I take it apart and try to put a new spring in there? It seems like there is enough tension in the spring but I guess not. Damn I was almost there!

crotchrocket

Apr 5, 2009
Florida
Looking at the carb and some other posts, when I line the slide up with the adjustment screw, is the screw to hold the slide in place? if so it is still revving up.... gaskets are fine and there are no air leaks

crotchrocket

Apr 5, 2009
Florida
GOT IT!!! Thanks guys/gals! Took the throttle assembly apart(lower end), streched the spring, oiled the slide, and adjusted cable on both ends and bam...runs better than when I bought the damn thing. Gonna ride it until my wheels come in and then I'll be taking her apart for a sand and spray, most likely an olive green or Army green. Thanks again everyone for the help!

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
when you take the carb apart, the slide cylinder has to go in a certain way..look down the cylinder...half way down there is a little metal bump sticking out the wall...the slide grove has to slide down it....remember, when your up and running always check your nuts and bolts, chain tension, distance from rear tire(chain)...in other words, stay on top of it or your fun will really start...ha...keep the fun going and pay attention...Dennis