spoke damage

GoldenMotor.com

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
PICT0511.JPG

i thought i would share what happened my wheel after the chain fell of the back of my cassette and lodged between the spokes.

This is a heavy duty 26inch steel wheel from wheelmaster with 105 guage spokes. two spokes were ripped out of the rim, and the others got beaten up.
PICT0510.JPG

Hopefully the $4 spoke guard should save the wheel in the future...

PICT0513.JPG

BE WARNED

vegaspaddy

Jul 24, 2008
las vegas
hi datz, no the rim was useless after this accident the force of the chain pulled the spoke heads straight threw the rim rendering it useless so i had to buy a new wheel.

The wheels run under $50 ordered from my local bike store, they are made of steel and the finishing leaves a little to be admired, they have to be lined crazy because of the size of the spoke nuts, that been said they are a very solid wheel and i feel alot safer with them than the orginal stock wheel.

costly lesson but we live and learn.

The Wheelmaster

Nov 4, 2008
Auburn, WA
There's two different Wheelmaster companies, please don't get me confused with the other, heres an easy way to tell, my wheels don't have anything under #10 gauge spokes in them, AND they come with a lifetime gaurantee, PM me if you need to chat wheels, I can solve the problem of wheel worries once and for all. don't let anybody tell you that you can't put heavier spokes in your wheels, it's simply untrue, done right your hubs nor rims will have any issues accepting the larger gauge, rock on all !