Crappy fuel line

GoldenMotor.com

velardejose

Sep 9, 2008
Lima, Peru
Hi
On my way to work my china girl started to loose power
I stopped and noticed the fuel hose 'exploded' (torn) around the carb nipple
I cut the torn end and reinstalled it, but was w/o aparent cause (vibration+daiy use?)
I will replace it with motorcycle fuel hose+mini filter
Jose

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I noticed after only a week or so the stock fuel line was very hard and brittle. I could see that was an accident waiting to happen. Replaced it with some small engine gas line I bought at Menards. Seems to work great!:oops:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Hi
On my way to work my china girl started to loose power
I stopped and noticed the fuel hose 'exploded' (torn) around the carb nipple
I cut the torn end and reinstalled it, but was w/o aparent cause (vibration+daiy use?)
I will replace it with motorcycle fuel hose+mini filter
Jose
I use fuel line for a "weed whacker" that I get from a local lawn mower shop.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
It has to be thin walled tubeing, first fuel line I got from the auto store was to thick to fit between the carb tube and the carb, soI got thin fule line from a motorcycle dealer. But lawnmower supply should also carry it. Good luck.

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
You guys make me feel bad........My fuel line "rotted" the first month so the only thing I had was some aquarium tubing and a couple small zip ties. I could keep an eye on my gas flow and never had a problem. Also put an in line filter on again using zip ties and no leaks.

Cookie

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, even aquarium tubing is better than the line that comes with some of the motorized bicycle engine kits.

If you go to your local hobby shop and ask for "fuel line for a gas plane", then they will ask "Nitro or gasoline?" You say "Gasoline". They should have it in a couple, sometimes several colors. It's very flexible and thinner walled than automotive gas line.

3/16" I.D. works nicely.