McBob

Nov 27, 2011
Wisconsin
any body ever hear of a
1947 Jack&Heintz/Marman Kit?

I found this on Mikey bike:
1948 Marman Twin Motor Bike
"The Only Bike Motor With Extra Twin Cylinder Power"
1948 Marman Twin Motorbike kit above is installed on a Schwinn MP97 bicycle.
Schwinn designed the MP97 specifically for the Marman Twin motorbike kit.

Features:

-3 1/2 horsepower, balanced, horizontally opposed motor
-Chrome plated gas tank, glove compartment, belt guard, exhaust pipes, and muffler
-Positive clutch.....automotive type multiple plate, dry disc clutch allows immediate pickup without pedalling and easy idling at stops
-Steel cable V-belt drives throughout
-Top pickup, cruising, and climb ablilty, gear ratios set to get exceptional pickup at low speed, easy cruising speed of 30-35 miles per hour and superior hill climbing ablilty
-Over 100 miles per gallon
-Manufactured by Marman Products Company, INC. P.O. Box 89, Inglewood, California
theres one for auction on sunday viewing tomorrow at 3 pm. Im going to look at it. anybody know what its worth?

http://www.paulauction.com/

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
AWESOME I had one just like that when i was a kid only mine was on a Monark bike with the twin spring fork. Rod end cap come off and that was the end of the motor. Tried to get parts but no. Had the same clutch realy worked good.........Curt

McBob

Nov 27, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks Guys for you input. My wife found the link and asked if I want a fathers day gift. :)

Harold the invalid link I put on was the mikey bike. thanks for letting me know its been for sale for a while.
I was mistaken about the viewing today, it starts at noon and ends at 3.. there an h whizzer there and some bike parts.

McBob

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The J&H?Marman was designed by Zeppo Marx. I know Monark did a flat twin,, and I think Johnson did one as well. Have a look at the American thread in Picturess down the page.

McBob

Nov 27, 2011
Wisconsin
Well guys, the Jack and Heintz/ Marman went for $2800.

I found out that the engine was produced for target drones in WW2. there were awhole lot of these motors left after the war. Zeppo Marx was the money behind selling the kits to go in bicycles.

My family bought the Whizzer for me!! Im pretty excited. I will post the details on the whizzer thread. Now I have one to ride (if it ever warms up around here), and one to finish the build. Some parts came with the bike to help me finish the build!!dance1

Attachments