Tipton, PA board track stuff

GoldenMotor.com

mp43sniper

Jan 6, 2011
PA
I live an hour away from Altoona, PA which is very close to the location of the Tipton board track. One day about 10 years ago, my grandpa was visiting and out of the blue said "and one day my dad took us to a motorcycle race where the track was made of boards". I was more suprised that he had gone to a race than the location or the fact that the track was made of wood! When I asked him about it he said he was very young (he was born in '15) and the track was close to home (Ebensburg, PA).

Later on I discovered where the track was and stopped one day for lunch at a Pizza Hut nearby. I parked across the street because the lot was full and I had a large vehicle, and when I was walking to the restaurant I noticed a bunch of black and white photos in a storefront or office. It may have been a chiropractor or dentist's office or something, but it was in a small strip mall type building across from the Hut. The photos were mostly of sprint cars from the local tracks but if I recall correctly there were some of the board track too.

Does anyone have any shots from the Tipton track? I will make a point to ride my bike up there this spring and get some shots of the pictures in that building to share too.

Thanks,
Craig