Huffy Cranbrook China Girl Motorized Bicycle 66c Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Drewdawg1337

Jan 10, 2013
Mesa, Az
This is my first Motorized Cruiser and its given me some ups and downs. I have had to replace the tank 3 times, magneto once, and some seal behind the magneto that holds pressure for the engine....with about 100 miles or less on the kit. The Ups is that it is running now and it can hit 30-35 mph top speed but still could pick up more when fully broken in, if it doesnt break something again first.
dance1 Drew's Bike.jpeg

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: Huffy Cranbrook China Girl 66c Cruiser

Nice ride Drewdawg, hope it starts treating you better so you may enjoy your ride even more.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Good job and welcome to the forum.

If I could make a suggestion, do some reading here on fenders. Their dangers and how to mount them securely. They can look good and keep water off your back and engine but they can also be hazardous if the mounts break, especially the front one. Just a suggestion.

Tom

Drewdawg1337

Jan 10, 2013
Mesa, Az
Huffy Cranbrook China Girl 66c Cruiser Performance Parts?

Does Anyone have some upgrade ideas that could boost the performance and life of the kit? i dont know if i should go alot of cheap upgrades since this is lower quality kit then most or save for high end performance parts so i could just carry them over when i get through this one to the better kits. I was thinking about upgrading muffler and finding one that would be further back so i dont smell like exhaust and gas when i ride it, since i am using this for my main source of transportation.
.xx.

Groove

Nov 2, 2012
Lexington, KY

I also want to know what seat post that is. What is the problem with your fuel tanks? Are they leakers or what?? I've got a fix idea if that's the case to prevent from any more leaks...

As for an upgrade suggestion, IMO , the BEST upgrade for me so far has been the chain tensioner. Get one that connects at two points on the frame and you will sleep better at night. The stock one can get pulled into the rear spokes under torque or if the bolts loosen up.

This is what I've mounted on my bike and I've not had to even THINK about it for three months of riding..

Tom's suggestion on safety is a good one. I would also recommend adding rear caliper brakes in case your pedal side chain should ever come off (knock on wood).

Nice ride. You're going to want to build another one now. I have three (2 spares I guess).

Attachments

Last edited:

Drewdawg1337

Jan 10, 2013
Mesa, Az

Thanks for the great feedback! I have the Chain tensioner welded to the bike but ill look into connecting it to two parts of the rear frame. I just have a laid back seat post that my buddy gave me, it really helps though not sure where he got it.
.trlrl.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

If you want more reliability, keep the revs down below full scream. 30 mph with a stock rear sprocket is just about maxxed out for these motors. Keep revving a stock kit like that and you WILL have failures...
Get a 40 or 38 tooth for more speed without overrevving.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.

Nice bike! I was thinking about contrasting paint on the fenders too. Good luck working out the bugs.

Groove- Thanks for the chain tentioner mention. I have to do the same.

Last edited: