EZM belt too big?

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Heres the set up. Stock size rear pulley on the rear and a custom 1.88" front driven sproket. I'm not exactly sure of the belt size but I think I bought the next size smaller than stock. Look at the tensioner. Not much room left for the belt to stretch before it will be running on the trans case at the bottem. Is this OK ? Am I worrying too much?

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
POOP. This thing was a bear to re assemble, but I also now I have a clue what Im doing. Things are adjusted for better parts alingment, so mabey it wont be as bad. Thanks for the response MBR. Hummm.... Bigger pulley or smaller belt. Decisions decisions.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
How does it look with the standard 2" pulley?

I just noticed that your tensioning wheel pivot point is too low and
too far back from the front pulley.

My wheel is only about 1/2" from the 2" front pulley.

That is part or most of your problem right there.

Also the spring is on the higher hole to the right on my Q matic which
is also mounted on a 50cc Honda / Huasheng.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes as MBR said, the belt is too long. Either run a 2" front pulley or run a shorter belt. That set-up will not work (for very long). Trust me on this or find out the hard way.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
DDDAAAHHhh... I'll find out the hard way; cuz thats how I roll... laff Heh. Dashes out to garage to get the belt off and over to Granger before they close. Got canceled tonight so I can work on the bikeee! Anybody got pics of an properly assembeled EZM's internals? Might need to shift some thngs arround as per MBR's post. THANKS GUYS!!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here is a pic of my EZM with a belt that is on the tight side (opposite of what you have in pic). I'll go take a pic of my current set-up......be right back

dnut

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK found This; on of all places this forum... Mine is on the right. Ahh. Now to examine closly side by side... OK I got it. ( the fool said hopfully ) Gonna go out to garrage and screw it up AAAhh I mean fix it. Any one have tips on stretching the spring without loosing an eye?

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
OK found This; on of all places this forum... Mine is on the right. Ahh. Now to examine closly side by side... OK I got it. ( the fool said hopfully ) Gonna go out to garrage and screw it up AAAhh I mean fix it. Any one have tips on stretching the spring without loosing an eye?

Yeah, get a friend or neighbor to install it for you and stand back with safety glasses on. I posted some pics and a vid on your other post.......

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39722&page=3

dnut