Expansion Chamber Blues

GoldenMotor.com

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
Yesterday I broke an engine mount bolt. No biggie I have a long rod of all-thread so I'll just cut off another and fit it with new hardware. Unfortunately all of the added vibrations cause my stupid muffler to break off at the chamber!

So I was thinking to myself, replace this POS for $30, or drop the extra $$ and go for a SBP expansion chamber finally. I decided for the latter but to my despair there are none to be found! SBP is currently out and Pirate Cycles says they may not have them in again for a few weeks. I don't wanna run my bike without the exhaust chamber but I will as long as it won't do any damage to the bike. Thoughts?

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
What about the new one that Pirates has?
I am not sure which one you mean. The black Expansion chamber one is the SBP expansion chamber but when I go to check out it says none in stock. Called them as well but they said a few weeks.

JN Motors for the win! And with $4 shipping? Done and done. Thanks a lot richirich I probably would not have checked there!

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
one more thing, since you are going with the x-chamber you mite as well check out the jaguar cdi that JNMotors sells also. I have one on two bike and i would never use a stock cdi again. Just a suggestion...

Cyclin

Jul 4, 2011
California
That IS cool. I might have to do that for my next upgrade. Pricy though for a CDI. What kind of performance increase did you see from it?

I am more than happy with my expanision chamber purchase, though I did notice some of their stuff is priced higher than some places. For instance the RT carb is almost double of that at ThatsDax, or the NGK B6HS spark plugs at $5 when they cost $2 at your local Kragen. That being said, I do really like what I see on their site and the expansion chamber was a GREAT price. A buck cheaper than SBP when I last checked and I saved a bunch on the shipping.

What do you think of the Gen II Performance Carb Intake Adapter? Think it will fit the Dax RT carb?

Last edited:

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
If you check out my profile i got pics of my bike wiith a 58cc motor then under the mountain and road bike threads ( 29r genisis almost done?) ive got more pictures with a 66cc motor i upgraded to and a description of all my mods. i have the same cdi i used on both. what is nice is the 4 different timing curves. as i moded i found that my motor wanted a diff curve to run at its best. you will notice a increase of power and easier starts. i have never seen a bad review (except its spendy) on its performance. As for the preformance carb - i have jnm's carb and a the dax carb. the dax one is on my beater bike. they look the same but if you put the two side by side the dax is made from lower quality material it also leaked at the intake manifold since it did not come with a o-ring fitting like jnm's. its the level of quality- dax- jnm's- dellorto, same carbs, just progressivly higher quality and price
As far as the intake adapter- i dont know, i have the billit mm intake. if you call them they are really good at answering the phone and your questions.
And as for the spark plugs- well you cant put a guy down for trying..LOL

Last edited: