Indan BTR

GoldenMotor.com

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
first to show what you see isnt always correct.
1918 Model B 50K001- e- ‘Little Twin’ 42ci, Hedstrom f-head motor standard on scout
single should be a 40j 1917 motor 'PowerPlus', single,4hp, 33.5ci commercial model

No boardtrack motor there. But he or she is listing 2 twin serial numbers

Oops guess they arent selling it as a boardtracker. The bars look funny and seat isnt correct.

Last edited:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Really, i thought they would be worth that or a lot more, especially for 2 bikes (i realise they arent complete) but im no expert, just an admirer........ Doesnt matter anyhow cos i aint got the money lol

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Cool old stuff, but looks like a money and time sink to me. You have to have deep pockets if you're going to go for historical accuracy, tracking down parts, making parts. It could be a real long time before anything was running. While I appreciate what I see there, I'd rather build something of my own "in the spirit of" Indian and be out riding it sooner rather than later or maybe never.
SB

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
That correct its way more expensive to piece a bike like that together. Probably impossible. Your far better to find a complete one already restored.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
*sigh* It sucks, being poor. Not enough money; that's the only thing keepin' me from buying right this second. And I'd work my fingers to the bone to get her running again. Man, what a sweet find.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Even In order to qualify for the coast to coast Cannonball motorcycle race you must have the original motor. Everything else can be a copy, even the frame. Even bikes from Timeless Motors do not qualify. Let's be real for a moment. Unless you were Jay Leno, building a bike in that condition would end your savings, retirement, credit, and probably marriage. Timeless bikes are probably the best deal in the world if you are looking for this Kind of ride. Everything is there and is new with new parts availability. I was actually going to guy a fixer upper but when I did the math it became impossible. I made my own and get the pleasure of riding it every day, something you really couldn't do with an original. Really, the bikes we make would make someone green with envy back in the 1910's. They are reliable and easy to operate.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
"Really, the bikes we make would make someone green with envy back in the 1910's. They are reliable and easy to operate."

You are absolutely right there, to a point....... If the main points for a cool ride was reliability and ease of operation youd probably have a "toyota carolla" parked in the garage instead of your Cobra...... and youd be known as Carollafreak, doesnt quite roll off the tongue nor is it as cool.....
I just wish there was a middle ground with these old boardtrackers. Maybe those timeless bikes are the way to go, then again you cant register them and they may look cool but they aint vintage....... sigh

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
I made my own and get the pleasure of riding it every day, something you really couldn't do with an original. Really, the bikes we make would make someone green with envy back in the 1910's. They are reliable and easy to operate.
I love the bike I made its fast reliable, I ride mine everyday buttttt still I would buy something like this in a sec if only for the fun, I dont think Ill ever see the day buy I ride my homebrew bike everyday.(yay) xct2

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Harry,
You need to step back and look again at your Villiers build. Look what you did... awesome and those guys back when would agree. Very cool bike. You'll build another and another and one of them will have a Sachs two speed or some other vintage light motorcycle engine, your custom gas tank and be an awesome bike with great brakes and lights and the works. Some people have deep pockets, you have skilled hands and can make your own. Pretty cool, my friend.
SB

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for the compliments SB, and i hear what you are saying about the Indian being a money pit..... but sometimes we are unknowingly drawn to moneypits.... i.e women LOL

Dont worry, unless i win the lotto i will have to settle with my DIY version of a boardtracker.

Big difference where im from but, we cant legally ride our creations...... so maybe the idea i was toying round with a while ago is a better path.... a Yamaha XS650 (or similar japanese bike) and make it into a boartrack style bike....... ONE DAY