New help finding a bike for a 4 stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com

Bigbrag

May 22, 2011
Montana
Hey guys, I'm a noob, but have been doing a lot of reading and really want to build a quality bike that can be a daily rider. I am hoping to make this engine: EZM Silent Drive 4 Stroke kit (Free Ship)

somehow work with this bike:
Pirate Cycles Worksman

I like the fact that the piratecycle worksman already has most of the mods needed done like rims, brakes, sprocket and I can even get the sprocket adapter. All this and made with quality parts that should withstand a 4 stroke engine.

I'm guessing the engine I linked will probably not fit the frame though. What are my other options? This bike: No BULL Worksman/Pirate Roadster Bike

If I have to to, I will purchase a china girl 2 stoke, but I'm just worried about the quality. I guess they are cheap enough I can always replace it, if it does blow up though.

Bigbrag

May 22, 2011
Montana
Not sure if it works or not, thats what I'm asking. I'm just trying to build a quality bike, and read great things about worksman and husky bikes, and also the the ezm qmatic. I'm just trying to figure which engine, and what bike to order to start my build. I really wanted to build a stretch cruiser bike, but I also want to buy a very solid bike like the worksman and they don't really have any stretch bikes. The other bike I would love to build would be an old indian style boardracer, but I haven't found any affordable drop frames, and I don't have experience to do the modding myself.

Bigbrag

May 22, 2011
Montana
where can I find a staton transmission? I haven't seen many people use the subaru robin inside the frame. I've just mostly seen subaru robin friction setup's. Does the subaru fit the same transmissions as the honda. Is one better than the other?

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
"Big", I don't think the frame will take a 4-stroke without some modification. I have the Worksman straight-bar and have one of Quenton's Huasheng/EZM's mounted in it but it required a good deal of frame modification. Don't have it running yet, but getting close. Pirate is a good outfit to deal with and I'm going on my 3rd summer with a 2-stroke/66. Get your feet wet with the 2-stroke and go from there. You'll learn alot and know better what you want to do on your second build. Take your time, do a lot of reading here and you'll eliminate a lot of mistakes. Good luck, Dan

Bigbrag

May 22, 2011
Montana
Thanks for the help guys. I really wanted an in frame 4 stroke, but It is much harder to find a frame that can fit one. I really like that piratecycle worksman, and it would be cheaper to do a 2 stroke, so I may end up going that route. I have a really steep hill right next to my house, so I need to figure out what kind of motor and gearing I will need to get over the hill. The problem I'm having now is trying to decide whether to buy an expensive motor and cheap bike, or an expensive bike and a cheap motor.