Night Fighter - Vintage Street Racer

GoldenMotor.com

Billy Thunder

Jul 8, 2010
B.C. Canada
This is my first build on a cruiser frame. It's not ment to be a replica or even a tribute. Just my interp of an early street rod. The 'Night Fighter' name came to me when I first tried the home built headlight. It has a beam that can be seen on buildings 100 yards away!

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That is one very sweet ride! And definitely a good night bike. Not only do you have a good, bright headlight (a must in my book as well) but you also have a highly visible white frame. And, hey, a bike that cool deserves to be seen any time of day or night.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Great job...I like the white! Would look real cool with that top bar/tube made into the tank

derekian72

Sep 23, 2010
Monrovia, CA
good stuff, the white is different. I used a 58 chevy truck taillight for the same rear fender and it looks fat, dig your front headlight!

Billy Thunder

Jul 8, 2010
B.C. Canada
Thanks for all the positive feedback!
I will try to get some more detailed pics. The headlight is built from an old brass flower pot...lol. I would also like to see a different gas tank on this bike, (more vintage shape) but I believe this bike is sold, so I won't make many mods until I'm sure.
I've been riding this thing daily (and nightly!) and it has created a small sensation in my little town. Most folks here haven't seen a motorized bike, as they are not yet popular.
The bike handles great! It's built to be ridden in the boardtrack racer style and when I get laid-out on it, my chest rests on the gas tank. I can tuck in and make a turn onto a side street at full speed. What a rush!

Billy Thunder

Jul 8, 2010
B.C. Canada
Well.... if that last posting sounded like the famous last words 'hey watch this... this is gonna be cool', it was...
I didn't get seriusly hurt, but we went down - hard and fast...lol. Chasing my buddy who was riding my fastest bike, I skidded out and low-sided the Night Fighter. We slid 50' across the pavement... The bike is fine - minor rash and my knee will heal. I'm wearing knee pads now! lol, fun stuff.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Well.... if that last posting sounded like the famous last words 'hey watch this... this is gonna be cool', it was...
I didn't get seriusly hurt, but we went down - hard and fast...lol. Chasing my buddy who was riding my fastest bike, I skidded out and low-sided the Night Fighter. We slid 50' across the pavement... The bike is fine - minor rash and my knee will heal. I'm wearing knee pads now! lol, fun stuff.
We all know about those moments in time when we think to ourselves "Got this chance to show off a little bit, so I'll do this, and they'll think I'm cool!" Then Murphy's Law steps in and presents you with an opportunity to humble yourself whether you like it or not.

With age (if we are lucky) we slowly gain the wisdom to look at that moment in time and say to ourselves "Nah, I'm not gonna do that. The hospital food isn't worth it." Me, I'm gonna have wisdom like that someday. :)

Last edited:

Billy Thunder

Jul 8, 2010
B.C. Canada
With age (if we are lucky) we slowly gain the wisdom to look at that moment in time and say to ourselves "Nah, I'm not gonna do that. The hospital food isn't worth it." Me, I'm gonna have wisdom like that someday. :)
For me, its the thrill of the moment rather than lookin' cool, but the above sure applies. Someday... and, if I'm correct, neither you nor I are young pups...lol. That's part of the fun in this sport.