azguero's new thread

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Hello guys I got an email from a member the other day who is brand new and needs help urgently. As most of you know I'm not much of a builder but I do try to pass on the info. He is having trouble starting a thread so I'm starting one for him, and this is it.

Just the facts maam.

He needs to build a friction drive motor bike. It seems that cost is the big factor but he needs to do it now. His job is twenty miles from his home so it's a long haul for a weed eater in my opinion. Maybe with this thread started he can get some advice from you guys on what to do. He has access to bikes but they have non working derailleurs. I always remove mine so I'm no help in repairing one of those.

His first real question to me was how to put a clutch on a weed eater. Since I have never had any luck using the clutch on a weed eater I told him to build a hinge and lift system. You guys might have better advice.

We probably need to know if he is going to buy a motor or has a dozen in the garrage. If I was going to buy a motor, at this time I would buy the harbor freight 2.5 I just finished a friction drive build and am happy with it. But you guys might be able to give him a better and less expensive alternative.

His member name is azguero