upgrade for 4 stroke sbp shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
I've had one of these new mounts installed now for about a month. Besides the Tie Bar?Bracket you will notice that the wings/sides of the mount are taller. You need the extra height to clear the 17t. sprocket on the left side. I've been battling the twisting forces on the SBP mount for a year now. And this mount is diffently stiffer and resists the twisting better than the original, but still dosen't eliminate it all together. I just yesterday reinstalled the turnbuckle on the left side and reinstalled the chaintensioner on the right side.

ocscully

Attachments

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I've had one of these new mounts installed now for about a month. Besides the Tie Bar?Bracket you will notice that the wings/sides of the mount are taller. You need the extra height to clear the 17t. sprocket on the left side. I've been battling the twisting forces on the SBP mount for a year now. And this mount is diffently stiffer and resists the twisting better than the original, but still dosen't eliminate it all together. I just yesterday reinstalled the turnbuckle on the left side and reinstalled the chaintensioner on the right side.

ocscully
Thats a great mod ocscully. is there a reason you couldn't attach that stiffener you made to the rack mount treads on your frame?

Attachments

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
I considered using the rack braze-on but decided not to for a couple of reasons. First the alignment, I felt the turnbuckle should pull to the rear as much as possible, and ideally 90 degrees to the seat tube. The rack braze-on location would have added considerable lifting force. Second prior to adding the turnbuckle I had a bracket on the right side of the mount that acted as a strut between the back side of the motor and the jackshaft mount. It was held with M5 metric fasteners and it never really held. The turnbuckle uses 5/16 bolts to secure the ends.

ocscully