Boardtrack project

GoldenMotor.com

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Absolutley nothing! its just a fake external oil pump, apparently old BTR`s had a set up like that but usally on or arond the tank.. I just had the pump and stuck it on there for ourely cosmetic reasons and to fill up the frame a bit.. Toyed with the idea to convert it to a nitro kit though.. :)

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I know you've already heard this, but I wanted to say it too: that is a totally awesome bike. An excellent build. Many people will be both impressed and envious (including me).

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Well first i looked into the whole cruiser frame deal but i really didnt like how small the frames was, and some of them have some odd angles on the top tube-middle-tube configuration making the tank bit tricky.

The frame started out as a 28inch (wheel size) ladies bike with double downtubes.. The current toptube on the frame is actully one of the downtubes flipped upside down and the middle one is just some tube from a donor road bike..

The frame was large to begin with so there was no need for any stretching. Im 6.4 and shure it looks small but i can actully sit on it reaching the bars and my back is just slightly curved,so its pretty comfy..

But i do recomend this route if you are planning to stretch a cruiser frame.. My frame already had the bend in the downtube so it was just a matter of cutting and welding the top one.. Plus i could use the bend in that tube to, the one on the top tube towards the seat, looks good i think!

Thank you for the kind words Allen wrench, i hope my build can be a inspiration to others in the same way many of the other cool builds on this site has been to me..

Cheers Dregg..

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Dregg - A beautiful bike in a beautiful setting. You have captured a grand time when things were a lot more simple. Your patina is just rite, I suspect you will get many miles of enjoyment. Have fun, Dave

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Mr K-Dregg, a very nice piece of work. I hope my first attempt at frame modification turns out as nice. Dan

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Kudos Dregg! You nailed the spirit of the BTR. I like your tank with its beat up sanding job. You've got every right to be Proud of your accomplishment!