It's hard to pull short hair out, BUT...

GoldenMotor.com

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
It seems I go one step forward and two steps back. I first put the rear sprocket on backward, then I realized when tightening one of the nine bolts, it got stripped, now I cant get it off! I tried putting pressure in it with a scew driver to get it loose, no dice, I broke my chain tool too. So I am just aggravated and exasperated. I also need a better diagram of the throttle and clutch set up, so I can attempt that as well....3 hrs to build my @ZZ!!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
HH,
Those 3 hour claims should be banned but they are part of marketing hype. In reality plan on a couple of days to do your first install correctly. The rear sprocket alone can take a couple of hours for a new guy so don't beat yourself up.
As for the stripped bolt: A Dremel tool with a cut off wheel would be good but I realize everyone doesn't own those kind of speciality tools. Two pairs of Vice Grips, one on each end of the bolt might help. Pull them apart and see if you can get a thread in the nut started.
When you say throttle and clutch diagram, do you mean a photo of a completed installation? There are many good tutorials on line and on this forum. I'll track one down for you and post a link later. Hang in there friend. We all started where you're at and feel your pain.

See if this helps> http://thatsdax.com/INSTALL_INSTRUCTIONS.html
Tom

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
my first build took me about 8 hours. the sprocket alone took me at least 2. modifying everything to fit took me a lot of time, also.

my last build, besides the 2 weeks it took me to build the actual bike, took me 2 hours to install the motor and fire it up. that's with Manic Mechanic's sprocket adapter, which took about 15 minutes.

the funny thing is, i'm still working on it. everytime i ride it, or even look at it, i find something that could be better. that's why i have to hurry up and sell it.

those bolts are pretty cheap, you should be able to work it back and forth with a wrench and a socket till it snaps. it should come clean off, along with some skin from your knuckles.

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
Thanks guys! Bairdco, I see you've found your way to a couple other sites I'm a regular on.
my alter ego on them is mastronaut. RR Bikes and The CABE...peace!