2Door, Uncle Santa

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My 13 year old nephew was hooked Thanksgiving day when I let him ride one of my bikes. He said he was going to start saving his money for a kit. He had a bike but it was old and wouldn't lend itself well to motorizing so I shopped around, found this nice little 24" Huffy, Stone Mountain at the Goodwill store and I had a new dax F-80 kit that I really had no plans for. Here's the results. My nephew hasn't seen the finished bike yet but he did help with the build. I made him put the rear sprocket on.
I finished it up this morning and took it for a ride. Sweet. My old long legs feel better on a 26" but for a youngster who isn't a big guy yet, the 24" will be perfect. With the long drop outs I was thinking about running without the tensioner but I had some chain/chain stay interference due to the narrow frame so I used the kit tensioner, cut it to length and welded it to the frame. I had to space the frame out by two washer widths and everything clears now.
Tom

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That's not only a wicked nice thing to do - but that's a fine, tidy build too Tom!

There's gonna be one stoked lil 13yo kid hereabouts pretty soon lol ;)

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Tom, That is a very nice clean looking build. Looks like you got the paint to match really well. That is just perfect for a 13 year old with the great Mt bike look and the suspension front fork.
Chrome tank looks good, I was surprised how well the chrome tanks look. I just finished an all chrome bike for a guy.

John

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks guys.
Wish I could have had it done for Christmas but just couldn't get everything together. I don't think he'll mind it being a few days late. Too much snow on the streets for him to ride anyway...but watch out come spring. Thanks again for the kind words.
Tom