Belt Drive

GoldenMotor.com

Pappy

Apr 19, 2009
Anderson, IN.
My belt drive failed :( but that's OK, I reworked my chain system and it seem to work great, Its a little ugly at the moment, but its just a prototype.

datz did the math for me using the sprockets and teeth count, Thanks datz, it work out better then I thought, cruising about 40 with throttle to spare, and will pull from a stand still just like a minibike no problem.

I was kicking the primary drive chain off the jack-shaft, but thanks to a Maytag dryer I fixed that, I used the belt tention pulley from the dryer, just a temp but its holding up to the 8,000rpm's

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Pappy, Congrats. Sounds Like Its Working Good. Glad You Didn`t Give Up. Ron PS, I THINK YOUR BELT DRIVE WAS COOL, IF YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN THE CORRECT STYLE BELT. YOU COME UP WITH GOOD IDEAS.

Last edited:

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Not giving up on the belt! Good!
That look like alot of mass to get rolling, but once it gets going, its really going!!
Have good brakes!

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
I Have Nothing Good To Say About Viza. I Bought My First Motor From Him. I Pd $202. With Pay Pal. They Could Not Help Me, Because The Sale Was Outside Of Ebay. He Gave Me Bs. Would Not Answer Phone Or Emails. Emailed Him Several Times Asking For A Refund, No Answer. Asked Him How , Can You Sell Something If You Do Not Have It. Finally Got Motor After 3 Months. Ron

Cody Broken

Apr 19, 2009
McCall, ID
Pappy I salute your creative resourcefulness. Riveting rim to rim for the belt drive was just brilliant.

Maybe if you put a jack-shaft where the rollers were a two belt drive could work.

Cody Broken

Apr 19, 2009
McCall, ID
All the the ingenious ideas you have come up with? I doubt it would have taken you long to figure it out. You used a jack-shaft for your chain drive, that's what gave me the idea.

I'm just stoked you agree it was a good idea. Gives me hope I can engineer some cool stuff myself someday. I've got lots of ideas. I just need the time and resources to pull one off. ****, my bike hasn't run in three weeks. No damn time to mess with it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome job Pappy! Dunno why, but I didn't get updates about posts on this thread.

Really looks great

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Hey pappy! This is what I have been thinking about and if you get a chance when finished if successful please post some close ups of the rim \_/ attached with brazed notches. There might have been little kids ten speed bikes sold and perhaps those rims or those of a mini wheelchair might work if possible.

Keep thinkin' on!

Take it easy..