Helmets and other marital aids

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I was not sure if this should go in pics, safety or white zone. So I put it here.

Was talking to Death (like Santa in the mall, not the real one) Who has a really cool helmet and thought about starting a thred. Aside from the safety issue, there are some really cool helmets you can get. I am finding when all I had was the silly looking bicycle helmet, I never wore it. Now with a silly looking cool helmet, I never ride with out it. (Yesterday, Carol and her Mom were laughing at me. I was walking around the house wearing shorts, t-shirt and helmet&goggles)

This helmet was $18+ shipping, $32. $50 total
eBay Motors: LEATHER HALF MOTORCYCLE HELMET GOGGLES FREE SZ S M L XL (item 330301086620 end time Jan-25-09 16:35:27 PST)

They also have really funky jet ones with 2 visors that slide up in to the a shield.

Attachments

Last edited:

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
hahahahaha @Dan, I can see why you had them laughing. It is a very strange ensemble to say the least for bike riding.Thats a true "road warrior" set up. If by standers dont stop and gawk at your bike alone, they sure will at your head gear :)

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Something about those are cool even though they look funny. I have one on my list of things I must have. It might even keep the police at bay, they'll be laughing to hard to give chase.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is funny, Top pic is first ride with seat, handle bar roll bag and helmet that all matched. I was wearing 2 different socks.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Definitely beer goggles. I use a ski/snowboard helmet myself to keep the ears warm this time of year.
Pics, pics Mabman! we need pics!

One of the things I really like about the helmet pictured above is it has removable ear flaps. the summer is still gonna be ruff with the heat. No vents on 'em. (just thought of that, hmmm)

Now I need to find a summer helmet. Advice and links welcomed.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I wonder if he got the helmet? Could it be that helmet is like the movie "The Mask"? Put the helmet on and the festivities being?lafflaff
Gee Look at my avatar????!!!! smarting off about helmets.......(lord I apologize)...amen.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I wonder if he got the helmet? Could it be that helmet is like the movie "The Mask"? Put the helmet on and the festivities being?lafflaff
Gee Look at my avatar????!!!! smarting off about helmets.......(lord I apologize)...amen.
Man Norman, just saw a bike helmet modded with a Darth Halloween mask. Was really cool. Will look for it.

Found it!

The ebay helms are crazy nice

I just bought a black Full motorcycle helmet for a little project I plan on doing soon-
YouTube - Darth Vader Star Wars CUSTOM Motorcycle Helmet THAI PHAN
also plan on making an Optimus Prime helmet

Though drilling holes through the brain bowls makes them slightly less effective for safety.

But for everyday use I think a motocross helmet looks pretty nice with some sunglasses.
LOL, you gotta make one. 2 funny. (Some cool ones in the related vids on the right too)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just in case anyone doesn't believe Norm actually wears one, here's proof. My neighbor came by and asked where they were headed. Norm said "Sturgis". The neighbor said, "Yeah, Right..."
Norm picked him up by his neck and said..."I find your lack of faith, disturbing."
Tom

Attachments

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Oh boy! You let the kat out of the bag.
Vader looks a little tipsy in that picture.
The helmet didn't fit my coal bucket head very welllaff

what you don't see. I have 2 helmets in the tour pack on the back of the bike a full face helmet that I used for most of the trip and a half helmet I used when I didn't have the full face helmet on when riding the motorcycle.

Last edited:

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
DAN,you are nuttier than a squirrel turd(just so you know).....laff....I have showed your video of,I want to ride my bicyle to everyone I know....RIDE ON DAN,RIDE ON.....

John-John.shft.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Or worse. I prefer helmets that actually protect from brain injury rather than ones that just make me look like an idiot. :)
Oh yea, X, me too. "Death" (I forget his full nick) Was a member here and had a really cool helmet. Looked like he needed a shield and spear.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
DAN,you are nuttier than a squirrel turd(just so you know).....laff....I have showed your video of,I want to ride my bicyle to everyone I know....RIDE ON DAN,RIDE ON.....

John-John.shft.
LOL John-John. Does get pointed out. Big time, thanks about the vid.

Side note, Mentioned your mounted cooler, err, I mean rack storage to carol. She instantly said "http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091427&CatName=Storage" Gonna look into it. Be cheap.

What thread was that?